Tuesday, June 21, 2016

BEFORE AND AFTER SERIES: Setting the Farmhouse Living Room Stage

 
I'm gearing up for a very long, multiple photo POST of our BEFORE, AFTER AND DURING the LIVING ROOM RENOVATION. . .hoping toward the end of this week. . .It's been in the making for a couple of weeks, but honestly there is so much I want to share that it's taking a little longer than I thought. . .maybe because I'm having so much fun with it. . .Both John and I look at the  photos and say to ourselves, "Did it REALLY LOOK THAT WAY?" Amazing. . .
 
 
 
 
In the meantime, I wanted to tease you a bit more with just a little of my SETTING THE STAGE for the photo shoot. . .It takes so much time and effort and a lot of materials before I can be pleased with the outcome. . .Sometimes it takes as much for PLAIN AND SIMPLE as it does any other decorating style. . .What you see above is only a few of the many items I pulled from the closets, drawers, and trunks. . .Thank Goodness I incorporate the 'make-do' attitude. . .To go out and shop for everything does not sound fun to me at all. . .I try to have plenty of stashes to choose from. . .
 
 
For the most part, I REPURPOSED every item. . .
but there were a few NEW additions that I did buy specifically off the net or at specialty stores. . .
 
One item was the BLACK AND WHITE CHECKED AREA RUG. . .
 
 
 
My problem. . .if there is one. . .is that I have these ideas in my head but finding what I need for those ideas can be challenging. . .I can't tell you how many months and numerous searches on the net I spent looking for a rug like this one. . .I could find cheaply made ones. . .and they looked it. . .but I wanted  QUALITY. . .I was about to give up and settle for something else when I ran across this one on sale at Wayfair. . .It's wool and woven and I absolutely LOVE it. . .makes the room for me. . .and it fits right in with our CHECKED KEEPING ROOM FLOOR.
 
I have also been thrilled to see bloggers begin to decorate with COTTON. . .Since we own a COTTON FARM, I've decorated with it for years--as many of you know. . .and I will continue to use cotton stalks as my flowers in many of the settings. . .They are a NATURAL here. . .In one of my past posts I explained that it was COTTON that gave me my inspiration for the colors I picked in the kitchen/keeping room. . .and it overflowed into the LIVING ROOM. . .
 
 
 
 
 
 
Probably my favorite piece that's make-do in the living room is this cabinet made
from PALLETS and a $10 SCREEN DOOR. . .
It serves as a place to store some of my linens stash. . .and to hide our DVDs in WICKER BASKETS and VINTAGE SUITCASES. . .
Of course. . .I had to fluff and arrange there. . .
 
 
 
 
I didn't realize it until John pointed out that our FARMHOUSE is now full of CRITTERS. . .
CATS, CHICKENS, COWS. . .the kind you don't have to feed. . .
You'll see them scattered around as we tour through the rooms. . .
There's no 'overkill' with the animals. . .They simply make one aware that this is a REAL FARMHOUSE. . .
on a REAL FARM. . .
 
 
 
This CRITTER isn't real. . .
 
but this ONE IS. . .
 
an earlier photo of BOO. . .
 
 
Our MIRACLE CAT. . .BOO. . .does receive passes every now and then to be home for a few days. . .but the ADDISON'S DISEASE keeps him with Dr. Cato most of the time now. . .He is still a walking MIRACLE and Pfiser Research continues to use him for their studies of the disease in people and animals. . .He has far outlived their expectations--by YEARS. . .
 
Our FARMHOUSE RENOVATION has always been subject to BOO's approval. . .He has helped (?) with most of our projects. . .He has definite opinions about how he wants HIS HOUSE to look. . .I had to take that into consideration, too. . .and part of the reason for our PLAIN AND SIMPLE STYLE. . .
 
 
 
 
So. . .whether it's OLD OR NEW. . .REAL OR NOT. . .Are you ready now for the first REVEAL? . . If we have no major upheavals, dust storms, or floods. . .it's coming up NEXT. . .
 
 
 
 
 
This Post has my
SEAL OF APPROVAL. . .
 
 
 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...