Friday, February 21, 2014

A Glamping We Will Go

beautiful camper window....now this is what you call GLAMPING!! <3
SOURCE
'A Glamping we will go,
A Glamping we will go,
Heigh Ho, the Merry-O
A Glamping we will go!'
 
You do know what Glamping is, don't you?
Glamour Camping in a Vintage Travel Trailer!
 
Airstream interior -cabinet paint, faucet
SOURCE
 
Yep, I have a new Playhouse.
A 1973 Argosy 24 Airstream.
 
Airstream Camp - Three Points Ranch
SOURCE

I lived in an early 50s Airstream when I was in college.
Daddy bought it years earlier for our Summer
lake vacations. . . .When I went off to college, he moved it
so I could have a little of bit of 'home' with me.
 
He was such a sweetie. . . .
 

Before-after-interior of vintage trailer designed for Old Mac Daddy Luxury Trailer Park in Elgin, South Africa
SOURCE

I loved living in that Airstream and have wanted one of my own ever since.
 
"AA"----Airstream Addict
SOURCE
 
I spotted the one we bought three years ago,
at J R's Cars in Malden, Missouri.
He was asking more for it than our pocketbook could do,
but when we left, I looked at the Argosy 24 and told John,
'That's MY trailer.'

Airstream
SOURCE
 
Every time we drove by--and it was still there--
I'd say again. . . .
'There's MY trailer!'
 
Airstream
SOURCE
 
On a whim last week, I asked John to call J R
and ask if the price was still the same.
We want to take our looms on the road
and would like to have some of the comforts of home
to take with us.
 

Low and behold!!!!
We offered him what our pocketbook could pay
and he took it!
 
#airstream

The previous photos are not my new playhouse. . . .
only daydreaming. . . .
It will be a while before I'll be able to show our renovation.
For now, though, we can use it--everything works--
and the glamping work can come later.
 
This one is ours:

 
She's a little pitiful looking right now,
but eventually she'll be a 'Glamper'.
I'm so grateful for a wish come true.

 
What the power of positive thinking can do!

(A Special Note Below)
. . .from my farmhouse (glamper) to yours. . .
 
 I want to thank all of you for your sweet comments
on our loss of Mr. Smokey. You have truly touched my heart
and John's. It's still a tender spot, but we are all adjusting. Thank you
for your good wishes and kindness.
 
There's a link to Heide's February
Apron of the Month at:
 
 
and
 
 
a link for a
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...