Friday, March 15, 2013

Country Whites Weekend #4--From the Apron Collection

Welcome to Country Whites Weekend!


"It’s plain and simple and oh, so sweet.
Embrace your country whites and share them here!  
Inspire us. Take us home. Fill us with country charm."

Good Morning Everyone!
Spring is in the air, isn't it?


Nothing says "country" or "farmhouse"
better than a pretty bibbed apron
in Spring colors.
And, I have the perfect model to wear them. . .


Meet Millie. . . .She's the new kid on the block. . . .
or I should say, on the farm.
I found Millie orphaned in the corner of a really, really junky flea market.
She was begging me to take her home.
Didn't have to twist my arm much, once I saw the price tag. . . .
$8.00


I named her Millie because she's thoroughly modern. . . .
(as in the movie "Thoroughly Modern Millie" set in the 1920s).


Dressing her in farmhouse style was easy.
I simply visited my stash of vintage embroidered aprons
and chose a couple for her to wear.

She thought they were both charming. . . .


Millie seems to like it in the farmhouse kitchen. . .

It would be nice if she'd actually help a little
with the cooking--or dish washing,
but all she wants to do is stand there and look pretty. . . .
She doesn't want to dirty her lovely Spring aprons, I suppose.
Hmmm. . . . .
Maybe if I stand her in front of the sink,
she'll get the idea. . . .


Millie has shared her country white aprons with you--
now, it's your turn.
What charming country whites do you have to show us this month?
We can't wait to see them!

‘Country Whites Weekend’
The third weekend of every month…
Friday morning through Sunday evening.

Held jointly at
The Country Farm Home
&
Link here or there and you will show up on both blogs.
Features will be held the following Friday.
Be sure to check both blogs to see if your country whites have been featured.
You may link up to three posts!

Please Do:
Write your country whites post first and link back here to 
Country Whites Weekend with
Text or a link back using the Country Whites Weekend photo within your post.
Here at the party, be sure to link up your post url, not your blog url.
We’d appreciate it if you became a follower of both our blogs.
Take the time to visit at least 3 other party participants.

Please Don’t:
Link to shops, giveaways, parties and blog hops.
Link up something that you have already shared here.



Time to Party!!
From our Farmhouse kitchen,
Millie and I wish you lots of Weekend FUN!!

 

18 comments:

Celestina Marie said...

Good Morning Dru,
Millie is gorgeous in her farmhouse style. Love the aprons. What a find for 8 dollars. I would not have passed her up either. Just too wonderful. Wishing you a happy spring and thank you for hosting once again.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Morning!
This little dress form was just screaming to go home with you for only $8...what a still.
I hope she appreciates you rescuing her and then dressing her in the finest aprons.
'Course it probably went to her head if she doesn't want to do any work!

If I find I have some 'country whites' around here... I may write it and submit it. I don't think I've partied here before!
LOL!

Pat

Old Time Cindy said...

I think Millie is a diva! LOL!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Pamela Gordon said...

I think Millie is adorable in her pretty spring aprons. I don't think I've seen embroidered aprons like that before. Enjoy the weekend!

Diane said...

I love your vintage aprons and Millie models them so well. What a great find. Thanks for another lovely party!

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Dru...And, Hello, Millie!
Is there anything sweeter in the kitchen than a pretty little maid with her apron on? How I love both of your vintage aprons. The embroidery and applique is lovely.
Thank you for sharing, my dear friend and for hosting your beautiful party.
Have a nice weekend and happy St. Patty's Day!
Smiles,
Carolynn xo

Heide at ApronHistory said...

You already know I love love love your aprons! They are wonderful1. Love the embroidery!
Could I feature them on my blog?

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! The aprons are adorable and such pretty colours.

The Charm of Home said...

What a great apron. Some one really put a lot of work in that! Thank you for hosting!
Sherry

Barbara Jean said...

cute post.
says we are supposed to put link up something we have already put here. not sure what that means.

Maybe it was supposed to be something you have NOT? already had on here? or maybe I am just misreading it.

blessings
barb

Heirloom treasures said...

Millie sure looks nice in her smart aprons. I wouldn't want to do dishes in them either,too pretty. x

Eclectic Red Barn said...

Millie is certainly a treasure. I love your aprons. I still wear an apron around the holidays, I am a messy cook :)
This is my first time linking up to Country Whites.
Have a nice weekend,
Bev
@http://eclecticredbarn.blogspot.com

Betty@SouthernGrace said...

Millie made me LOL. I like her!

Unknown said...

Hi Dru,
Love the aprons!
I have one of my great-grams aprons hanging in my laundry room.
Thanks so much for hosting the party.
Hugs,
Tam

Rosemary and Thyme said...

How cute Dru. I love your vintage aprons. And Mollie is just so chic. They just make one smile.

Have a lovely weekend and thank you for visiting me at
rosemary-thymeblogspot.com

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Dru, Millie is a doll and what a fab price she was! Love her Spring apron. It's such a fun embroidered design. Sad that I don't have a post to share this time, but had to hop in and say 'hi'!
hugs,
Jann

Susie said...

Millie looks right at home in the farm kitchen. Wow 8 dollars, what a find. The aprons take me back in time...when my m-i-l wore them and my mom's cousins always had them on.xoxo,Susie

Tisha Dolton said...

Oh, I love these so much. The embroidery is great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...