Thursday, December 13, 2012

The Table is Set for a Holiday Dinner



It's looking like Christmas at the farmhouse!


I have a sweet, sweet bachelor cousin who never forgets to send me a gorgeous poinsettia every Christmas.  He began his own tradition years ago with my Mom and Aunts. Nothing could have pleased Mom any more. She loved poinsettias--red or white. I took her to Hawaii one time to a place where they grow in abundance along the side of the road--pulled the car over and let her drink in the beauty. She talked about the bank of poinsettias for years later.

This year's poinsettia arrived a few days ago--just in time for a small dinner party--couldn't resist giving it a place of honor. . . . Of course, I had to turn it into farmhouse style with a vintage galvanized bucket. . . .






The entire table is set with items I already had handy. . . .I do have Christmas dinnerware--somewhere--in storage. Instead of spending a day looking for it,  I opened up the  kitchen cupboards and began layering--a new cotton runner I finished this week, napkins and vintage doilies, mismatched silverware, fun with ironstone pieces and vintage plates. . . .





Then I decided to actually USE the crystal. . . .I've had it for years--moved it all around the country with me--time to put it to work. . . .It added just the right amount of sparkle to the table. . . .







With the fire crackling in the background, I love the way everything has come together. The checkerboard floor and black Windsor chairs certainly set the stage. . . .I'm not sure what pops the most--the touches of black and white or the reds. . . .




Just another example of how common everyday items can turn into farmhouse style. . . .




 Christmas Blessings to You and Yours. . . .
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...