Sunday, December 30, 2012

Only Three Ingredients--Heavenly CupCakes for Your New Year


I'm obsessed lately--with cupcakes. . . .
It all began when I bought Pumpkin Bread at a bake sale. I knew the baker, who kindly gave me her recipe--one box of Spiced Cake Mix and one can of Pumpkin. She told me she'd found the recipe on Pinterest. I had my doubts--til I took a little sliver to taste. . . .That sliver turned into a large piece. . . .That piece caused me to take the bread to my Honey, telling him to "Hide it!"  I try to stay away from sweets, if at all possible. . . .this was impossible!

But, I still couldn't believe she only used two ingredients. . . .I tried the recipe myself, baking cupcakes instead of a bread. . . .Yep. . . .Just as good. . . .or, maybe better. . . .I added raisins, dried cranberries and pecans to the batter.

I only taste-tested once. . . .Honest. . . .

What about the Heavenly Cupcakes like these?


I'm getting to that. . . .

You see, I have one whole shelf of cake mixes in my freezer--bought them for 50 cents each. My Honey has a big sweet tooth--as I've told you before. . . I try to keep him happy. . . .Unfortunately, few of them are Spice Cake mixes--mostly White, Yellow, Chocolate. . . .How could I use these in a two or three ingredient cupcake of a different flavor?.  . .Hmmmm. . . .White. . . .hmmmm. . . .What do I have on hand that is white. . . . .

Cake Mix. . . .Coconut. . . .Applesauce! 

That's it, Ladies. That's the recipe. . . .

1 box White Cake Mix
1/2 (or more) cup Flaked Coconut
3/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
Mix well. Bake 350 degrees, til done.

My Honey tried one. . . ."Heavenly". . . .but he likes icing. . . .Back to the kitchen. . . .

I found left-over coconut flavored icing I'd made for a cake the week before. . . .added some flaked coconut to it, iced the cupcakes, then topped them with pecan pieces and more coconut. . . .Back to my Honey. . . .

"Wow. . . .Heavenly-er". . . .Two thumbs up!

They are very good. . . .and so very moist. . . .and so easy. . . .
I had to try one myself. . . .only one. . . .without icing. . . .HONEST. . . .


from my farmhouse kitchen to yours. . . .


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...