Sunday, December 30, 2012

Only Three Ingredients--Heavenly CupCakes for Your New Year


I'm obsessed lately--with cupcakes. . . .
It all began when I bought Pumpkin Bread at a bake sale. I knew the baker, who kindly gave me her recipe--one box of Spiced Cake Mix and one can of Pumpkin. She told me she'd found the recipe on Pinterest. I had my doubts--til I took a little sliver to taste. . . .That sliver turned into a large piece. . . .That piece caused me to take the bread to my Honey, telling him to "Hide it!"  I try to stay away from sweets, if at all possible. . . .this was impossible!

But, I still couldn't believe she only used two ingredients. . . .I tried the recipe myself, baking cupcakes instead of a bread. . . .Yep. . . .Just as good. . . .or, maybe better. . . .I added raisins, dried cranberries and pecans to the batter.

I only taste-tested once. . . .Honest. . . .

What about the Heavenly Cupcakes like these?


I'm getting to that. . . .

You see, I have one whole shelf of cake mixes in my freezer--bought them for 50 cents each. My Honey has a big sweet tooth--as I've told you before. . . I try to keep him happy. . . .Unfortunately, few of them are Spice Cake mixes--mostly White, Yellow, Chocolate. . . .How could I use these in a two or three ingredient cupcake of a different flavor?.  . .Hmmmm. . . .White. . . .hmmmm. . . .What do I have on hand that is white. . . . .

Cake Mix. . . .Coconut. . . .Applesauce! 

That's it, Ladies. That's the recipe. . . .

1 box White Cake Mix
1/2 (or more) cup Flaked Coconut
3/4 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
Mix well. Bake 350 degrees, til done.

My Honey tried one. . . ."Heavenly". . . .but he likes icing. . . .Back to the kitchen. . . .

I found left-over coconut flavored icing I'd made for a cake the week before. . . .added some flaked coconut to it, iced the cupcakes, then topped them with pecan pieces and more coconut. . . .Back to my Honey. . . .

"Wow. . . .Heavenly-er". . . .Two thumbs up!

They are very good. . . .and so very moist. . . .and so easy. . . .
I had to try one myself. . . .only one. . . .without icing. . . .HONEST. . . .


from my farmhouse kitchen to yours. . . .


21 comments:

Dawn said...

Yummy and beautiful pictures:)

sweetvintageofmine said...

These are beautiful and obviously WON approval! I will be trying soon...Happy New Year! LOVE YOUR BLOG! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

Pamela Gordon said...

How easy is that! Thanks for sharing. I think the pumpkin spice ones would be delicious.

Old Time Cindy said...

They look pretty, but do I need to come over and make sure you don't eat them all? That's what friends are for, ya know! ;)
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Mary Ann said...

Gosh, so easy! I'll try these in the next few weeks, once we're over the holiday assault!

Barbara F. said...

I have made that cake and it is good. Try the pumpkin with chocolate cake mix or even a brownie mix, delish and saving fat and calories. If you ever need to unload any extras, you could ship them out! Happy New Year! xo

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Sounds good. Great presentation.

Ruby and Arthur said...

They look so good! I love coconut, I'll have to try these! Jean

Florida Farm Girl said...

Oh my. Anything with coconut and pecans has just got to be heavenly!

Grandma's Babies said...

what size can of pumpkin did you use ?

camp and cottage living said...

Oh, sounds yummy and boy are they pretty!

cynthia lee designs said...

Looks so yummy and sounds easy to make...going to have to make some of these for my hubby and me.
Have a Happy New Year!
hugs,
Cindy

Barbara Jean said...

yummy.
thank I am still lost between the 3 ingredient and the two ingredient....
but I'll figure it out.

If you do any other combos...let us know. =)

sweet pics too
blessings
barb

Every Little Birdie said...

Thanks for stopping by Every Little Birdie. I would love for you to use a pic of my ironing board in your post. And yes, I'd love it if you'd link back to my post. Your cupcakes look so pretty and yummy!! Happy New Year friend!!

Tanya Breese said...

oh they look so yummy! great job! and happy new year to you and your family!!

Pam said...

Mmmmmm, yummy! These look heavenly! I love coconut and pecans and love that you used applesauce. They are really beautiful. Thank you for the recipe!
Happy New Year!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Looks so good. Yum!

Hopping by and following your GFC.

Blogging @ Getting Healthy with Essential Oils

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Dru,
Just look at those fluffy white cupcakes. They look like clouds!
What a delightful and delicious post!
Blessings, my sweet friend,
Carolynn xx

Unknown said...

Yum! and so easy! Thank you.

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

How delicious they look. Lovely photos. Thank you for sharing this at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Kay Comer said...

WOW....these look SO delicious. And this would be a good idea for talent night at church when we have finger foods after. I'll have to add the icing and pecans too. LOVE your blog and the look of your page.
Bird's Eye View of the Katydid
http://www.birdseyeviewoftheworldofthekatydid.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...