Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The Pie Safe Blues



What to do--
With all the Blue. . . .



It's not just a matter of a cup or two,
There's a whole table of blue. . . .








 It's enough to make a Delta girl want to Sing the Blues. . . .
(I couldn't resist saying that. . . .)

But, you won't hear this Delta girl sing the Blues,
at least not about my transferware collection.
I was so tickled to see it, after being packed up for so many years,
that I wasn't about to box it up again. . .

I know you're probably asking why would I want more dishes,
when I just showed you three cupboards full. . . .
Well, the plain and simple of it is. . . .
because I like them. . . .
There are some things that come and go in your life--
and then there's the things that you never consider letting go of.
Guess where the blue and white fits in. . .

The 1895 prim pie safe will be their new home. . . .


I'm not one who refuses to put a paintbrush to an antique. . .
if you don't believe me, check out the white cupboards in the keeping room.
but, there are some pieces I consider sacred--don't touch--love the patina from years of use--


  I think you'll agree--this one certainly has character--with it's layers of chippy paint and rusty tin.




I can't decide what to do with the doors--
My intention was to replace the openings with punched tin to match the rest.
Once I put the dishes in, I liked seeing them. . . .
Tin? Screening? Glass?
More decisions. . .





Of course, I added other blue pieces that fit in with the transferware.
All together, they make up my  "Pie Safe Blues". . . .

Guess you can tell I'm getting everything back in order--
I have one more sewing project before I finish the keeping room/kitchen--
and a bit more tweaking and fluffing.
The fireplace is needing some trim and a mantle.
I'm hoping the exterior will be finished this week.
I'd like to get a fire going to ward off the chill each morning. . ..
plus, it's so cozy. . . .

One day. . . . . Soon. . . . . .I'll be sharing it all with you. . . . . .


I won't be singing the Blues that day, for sure. . . . .


from my farmhouse to yours. . . .
The Farmer's Daughter

Want to see more of the collection?
So Blue--Transferware for the Keeping Room

********************
Sharing this post with: * Show & Tell Friday *Feathered Nest Friday * Potpourri Friday * Home Sweet Home * Vintage InspirationSweet & Simple Fridays  * Inspiration Friday
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...