Thursday, November 29, 2012

Reindeer on the Roof?


The prancing and pawing of each little hoof. . .







Wherever the reindeer landed, they are now on our farm table!




I haven't officially started decorating for Christmas. . . .





These beauties were unboxed in our garage over a month ago. . . .
I knew I wanted to use them for the holidays, so I set them aside.
After stumping my toe and turning the rascals over for the hundredth time,
I brought them inside. . . .

I absolutely love beeswax candles lit at night--
another thing I like about the "old days". . . .





I quickly grabbed a woven shawl for the table. . . .
 then nestled a pottery bowl inside two twig wreaths.





A few more additions and I was done. . . .
 Plain and Simple. . . .




Not sure how long the reindeer will be staying. . . .After all, they have a big Christmas Eve job to do. . . .But, just like Santa, they are AWAYS welcome at the Farm!!!!!

from my farmhouse to yours. . . .

Copper and Brass Reindeer--$20--Flea Market
Beeswax Candles--Colonial Williamsburg
Pottery Bowl--$4--Thrifted
Wooden Utensils--$1 each--Thrifted
Woven Shawl--50 cents--Thrifted

Sharing with: * Feathered Nest Friday * Inspiration Friday * Home Sweet HomeVintage Inspiration

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

simple but beautiful, I love this!

Unknown said...

Love these!
Perfect touch for the table.
Hugs,
Tam

Maureen Wyatt said...

I hope they stay for a little while as they are perfect for your centrepiece!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

You are inspiring me to figure out a Christmas centerpiece for our table. The table gets a lot of use, so it can be hard, but it would be nice for Christmas!

Barbara F. said...

You have taken farmhouse style to a whole new level, absolutely love this!! Love those deer!! xo

Pamela Gordon said...

These reindeer candleabra are really cute! I like the simplicity of the whole setting. Very nice!

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Beautiful reindeer. I have a set that I am using also....but I can't remember to get candles :)
Can't wait to see your Christmas decor.

Tanya Breese said...

what a great deal on the reindeer, they are gorgeous! i like simple too...my husband and i are so opposite, he is gaudy like his mother (did i say that?!) and just like more and more and more, yuck! he's not happy until EVERYTHING is put up, no matter how tacky it looks :/ that's why i do it when he's not at home and hide the rest :D

Susie said...

How pretty. I love those deer. Sweet. xoxo,Susie

Robin Johnson said...

Oh how I love your tablescape. I have a serious reindeer obession this time of year so you pretty much imagine how much I'm drooling over yours. Love the idea of the wreath inside the bowl too. Very farmhouse rustic - I'm loving it.

Old Time Cindy said...

I have one tiny reindeer on my table, but nothing like your beauties. They are so unique and that makes them special.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

How pretty! I love your reindeers and your table looks wonderful.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Your table is so pretty. Love those reindeer and what a good deal!

cynthia lee designs said...

Your table is so pretty...love your reindeer!!
~Cindy

Blondie's Journal said...

Very simple and rustic...I love that. The whole table is wonderful and I LOVE beeswax candles, too! The bowl in the wreath looks great!

XO,
Jane

Pam said...

Your table is lovely! I love the way you nested the bowl in the wreath and those reindeer are beautiful!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

J9sHappiness said...

Oooh this is gorgeous!! You've out together a lovely table vignette! I've found you through the linky party and am your newest follower! Please do pop back over to my blog if you get a mo! J9 x

Pendra said...

Beautiful! I just adore those reindeer and how you have displayed them. I can't wait to see your Holiday decor.

❁Velma ~Down Our Country Road❁ said...

i've never seen reindeer candelabras! How very pretty and so appropriate for your farmhouse table.

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh, so lovely! How did I miss this beautiful post? Your reindeer look so regal. So sorry you stubbed your toesie! Hopefully by now it's good as new.
Smiles,
Carolynn xxx

The Charm of Home said...

The patina on your reindeer is fantastic! So much better than the shiny brass ones! Love it!
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...