Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Jewels For The Tree



I know this tree is anything but Plain & Simple Farmhouse style. . . .I got carried away. . . ."Really?" you say. . . .Well, here's what happened. . . .




I spent the entire morning rearranging the furniture in the bedroom, putting down rugs for the winter, setting up the little white tree--when I was distracted. . . .I began thinking about the Christmas jewelry collection I had--somewhere. . . .Of course, I started looking for it. . . .







As I rummaged through drawers and closets, I not only located the jewelry, I found old trims salvaged from 1950s formals. . . .strings of pearls. . . .some cotton fringe. . . .








The tree was right there. . . .I didn't have any other place to put things until I cleared off the dresser. . . .so, I began laying my finds on the tree. . . . then Boo knocked the tree and they all fell off. . . .To keep him from swallowing a few (everything goes in his mouth), I clipped and pinned them all over the tree. . . .Before I knew it. . . .Well, you can see what happened!!





The angel was sitting on the floor, the jewelry boxes beside her. . . .John brought in my newest vintage sewing machine he had cleaned and shined. . . It was green. . . .That would work. . . .A few more pearls here and there. . . .




Before I knew it, I had trimmed a tree!!!!





What could be simpler? Oh!!! There's that word again. . . .SIMPLE. . . .


from my farmhouse to yours. . . .


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...