Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A Few Prim Angels I've Known

Prim Angels start showing up at the farm every year around this time. . . .


 Not just any angel. . . .These are Delta Angels,


 born and bred with Southern roots. . . .


Like people, they come in all different sizes and shapes. . . .
and from all walks of life. . . .


 But, two things set them apart from other angels. . . .
Many carry baskets of cotton. . . .
and, they never forget to wear a bell--to remind them that--
"Every time a Bell rings. . . .an Angel gets Her wings."














If you think Delta Angels look an awful lot like the farm Her Crows. . . .
 you're absolutely right. . . .


for our Her Crows are just angels in disguise. . . .

******************
Angel Bodies--parts and pieces from the farm
and constructed by John
Faith's clothing made from Mom's 1960s wool skirt & top
Agnes's vest made from a piece of Aunt Mamie's garden jacket
 Other Angel clothing and accessories crafted from vintage linens, 
fabrics, odds & ends. . . .
dressed and blessed by Dru

*********

from my farmhouse to yours. . . .
The Farmer's Daughter

15 comments:

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Too cute! I love they wear bells.

cynthia lee designs said...

So very cute!! I love angels...have a collection of them in my dining room. And I have one very large angel hanging on the quilt shelf...she is dressed in an old christening dress.
Love that your angels wear bells.
~Cindy

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Oh Dru, You never stop amazing me! I just smile every time I look at one of your post. You have just the most creative mind. I enjoy your angels, and the bells and cotton are wonderful! Jonh is pretty good at making angels!
Blessings,
Susie

Barbara F. said...

Fabulous!!! I wish you sold them. xo

Old Time Cindy said...

Love John's handiwork and your creative details. You two make a great team!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Countrywoman said...

How beautiful, thanks for sharing.

The Cranky said...

Aren't those adorable; I love the bell addition!

Julie Marie said...

Oh my gosh, those are sooo adorable!... do you have any of those for sale?... if so, I want some!... xoxo Julie Marie

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Those are so adorable! Love the bells. You are so creative!

Chenille Cottage said...

Hi Dru!
My goodness...My goodness! Your angels are adorable and so sweet with all the personal touches you have given them. You are an artist and a terrific dollmaker. I, especially, love "Bessie Mae". My Dad's Mom's name was Bessie Mae. I was named after her Mother Caroline and given the middle name Mae. Gramma Bessie was born in South Carolina.
Your angels put a smile on my face!
Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Carolynn

Hill Top Post said...

I should have let you know before now how much I enjoy my visits to your Country Farm Home. I am a big fan of your scarecrows; now adding Delta Angels. Of course, I am looking forward to Farmhouse Kitchen Reveal.

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I love your angels. One of a kind and so fun.

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

What exquisite dolls! I love them! A beautiful tribute to Delta heritage. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Oh my gosh Dru do you ever stop with your creativity? I just can't stop looking at them and smiling at everything you have used. I'm like, "Oh, I have an expanding mug rack like that, and "oh, I have old spindles like that". But oh, I don't have creativity like that. You amaze me! Thanks for sharing your sweet angels with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann
p.s. Hubby would love the fishing angel!

Old Time Cindy said...

Back again to thank you for sharing your creativity and joining in at the Old Time Party!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...