Sunday, July 1, 2012

Barn Charm--Somewhere in Tennessee


I found this beauty sitting way back off I-40, somewhere in Tennessee on our journey from Virginia to Arkansas in 2007. . . .Being a quilt lover, it was the barn quilt that first caught my eye. . . .


We pulled over on the shoulder of I-40 so I could get a better shot of the barn quilt. . . .Thanks goodness for digital cameras and telephoto lenses. . . .
I was inspired to come home and paint my own barn quilts. . . .(See: Barn Quilts and Cross Stitch and Barn Quilts On The Porch . . . .)

I discovered the photo again while looking through old files and realized just how much charm this old barn had. The only thing that might make it better is a horse standing in the door. . . .


So, whether you love quilts or barns, hope you enjoyed this one. . . .

You can see many more barns on Mondays at Tricia's Barn Charm. . . .

15 comments:

Anne said...

Great photo!I love barns.And that quilt makes is ever so much more charming.
(((Hugs)))
Anne

Kevin Noel said...

I absolutely adore barn houses, especially ones that have been renovated for residential purposes. This barn, on the other hand, doesn’t look like it’s in use, but it looks well-maintained to me. I love the architectural design and the color - very country, simple, but definitely eye catching. Great pictures, by the way! =)
Kevin Noel

Elaine said...

Great old barn and beautiful quilt square! Hmmm, a little photoshopping and you could have that horse....

Amy Burzese said...

The quilt barns are always fun to find along the way. Thanks for sharing.

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

I love old barns and a quilt just adds to the charm. This is a great barn. I see it has the old lightning rods.

Kathy said...

This one is sweet!

Kim, USA said...

The quilt indeed could attract attention. It is beautiful and the barn too.

Kim, USA

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed, for sure! This is a beauty & the quilt sets it off!

Thanks for joining =)

Mari said...

What a unique barn. Love that quilt!

Carletta said...

I love it!
Love the pattern and the colors.
If that was 2007 I suspect that was one of the early beginnings of the quilt trail movement.
So glad you ran across this one to share.

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Beautiful Barn! The quilt is such a wonderful surprise too!

Jody

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i can understand why it caught your eye. such a great barn. (:

Judy said...

I love this one. I love finding barn quilts. Great find!

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I love red barns and I love the barn quilts. Nice!

Liz @ Quirky Vistas said...

Love that you stopped to snap a shot of this. It's always good to have your camera at the ready, isn't it? I'm glad you did. That's a sight I don't ever get to see, well, especially with the quilt on it. I enjoyed it. Thanks for stopping over at Quirky Vistas to comment on my Shadow of the Flag post. I appreciate your words.
Liz

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...