Monday, December 21, 2020

The Candles Are Lit. . .

What is it about candles that tug at our hearts. . .especially at Christmas? . .The warmth and glow set against the cold, blustery winter scene beyond the window brings calm and contentment. . .in ways that only the heart can feel. . .

It is a bright spot in the darkness of gray winter skies. . .as a hope swells up within. . .that life will be even better in the coming year. . .It is the excitement of the season. . .and the joy of family. . .

All very true. . .but there must be more. . .I think candles make me ponder. . .to stop and think about the blessings in my life. . .and to be thankful. . .in all ways. . .In fact. . .every time I light candles. . .I'm reminded of Christmases past when my family was all together. . .including the aunts and uncles and cousins. . .I'm reminded of those times when I couldn't be home because of work or distance. . .and yet. . .I knew those at the Christmas table were thinking of me, too. . .and loving me from a distance. . . 

And I'm reminded of Christmas present. . .when the world may seem topsy-turvey. . .and we may be sheltered in our homes due to this pandemic that has changed all of our lives. . .but in it all. . .aren't we still blessed? . .Don't we still need to stop and be thankful? . .I know John and I are. . .and lighting candles. . .cuddling by the fire. . .and feeling good to be with each other. . .makes all the difference. . .

Tonight I plan to wish upon a star. . .A Christmas star. . .for right after sundown there will be a bright and shining star. . .much as it was that first Christmas. . .There won't be another like it for 500 years. . .And my wish will be that The Light will continue to shine in all its forms all over the world. . .guiding our way through the darkness. . .BLESSING US FOR YET ANOTHER YEAR. . .


2 comments:

Margy said...

I too am wishing on that star!! Thank you for this post ...really hits home.

The Farmers Daughter said...

Let's hope our wishes come true!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...