Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Peonies, Roses, and Old Fences

 With the virus and the unrest in this country, sometimes we forget to stop and smell the roses. . .But in this quaint little town of Ste. Genevieve, Missouri, it's hard not to notice the beautiful gardens. . . 

 I try to walk a couple of miles each morning, which takes me pretty much around the historic downtown. . .All along the way I can smell flowers. . .Almost every house has them. . .Along the side roads, there's honeysuckle and clover. . .So nice after smelling all the chemicals that are being sprayed close to our farm. . .

My favorite flowers will always be peonies and roses. . .When I was growing up, Grandmother had garden beds of both. . .Every time I see them, my happiness soars. . .I often sit and savor each breath I take. . .and enjoy the coolness of the early morning. . .before a busy day begins. . .
If you would like to see more of these wonderful fences around town, too. . .Click below. . .and soak up some smiles for yourself. . .


4 comments:

Beyda'nın Kitaplığı said...

Çiçekler çok güzeller. :)

Unknown said...

YES!!! I live in Festus, MO and we love to visit here for a short get away.I know it has been awhile but I loved the Firehouse Cafe that was in the old firehouse. I was so sad that they closed. Every year I love going to Jour De Fete. Even though it is so hot every year it is just so magical. Thank you for reminding me of all the joy I have had here.

acorn hollow said...

What a lovely walk. It is good for your soul. I walk each morning but down a dirt road that is lovely and shaded.
I am in Central NH we are tucked in the woods so I am happy to stay here I feel safer and calmer here.
Cathy

Mystica said...

Love those blooms.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...