Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Blue Bird--Blue Sky--Blue Bath


I never tire of soft and calming, light denim blues in our bath. . .In fact, I've even painted the ceiling a light blue and added clouds to make the room feel as if there is no ceiling. . .only open blue skies. . .
Recently I read that birds, like the sky, are often used as metaphors for feeling free. . .flying above whatever it is that might be holding them down. . .I loved that. . .Immediately my mind went to a bird's nest that I had rescued when it fell out of a nearby tree. . .no eggs in it, so I was sure the babies had long flown away. . .free of the ties that bound them. . .
With the nest and a 50 cent metal blue bird I found at a flea market. . .I set up a vignette in the corner of the bath. . .where I can lay back in the tub and imagine my little blue bird flying off into the sky (ceiling) above. . .and thinking how I should always remember. . .no matter how bogged down and disheartened I may get. . .that the sky is the limit. . .for a little blue bird. . .and for me. . .

"If happy little blue birds fly. . .beyond the rainbow. . .why, oh why can't I?"



2 comments:

Henny Penny said...

Oh it all is so pretty and I love how you did the bird's nest. Wish I were more creative. I had a collection of three old bird's nests and just recently threw them out. :( Love you blue bird on the shelf too.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

What a sweet idea. 🐦 I love your thoughts on the bluebird. I am sure this will be a great area for you to relax.
I hope you are doing well ❣️
Blessings, Susie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...