Friday, October 19, 2018

Lard. . .Lard


A little play on words. . .true. . .but I love this little sign I picked up in Missouri for only $7. . .It is perfect for my FARMHOUSE KITCHEN. . .I remember Grandmother swore by lard for her biscuits and her special recipe for tea cookies. . .Of course, the lard was processed outdoors in a big black 'witche's' pot over an open fire. . .FALL was hog killing time and making lard was just one of the activities surrounding this event. . .Only MEMORIES today. . .






2 comments:

mary scott said...

That is perfect for a farmhouse kitchen. The color is great too. thanks

Curtains in My Tree said...

I can barley remember that time of making lard on my grandparents farm back in 1950's Grandma has white metal buckets full of lard and in a huge black iron round pan they were cooking fat strips forgot what they called it, cracklins??

Back in the Good Ole days???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...