Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Boot House and Farmer Seats



John and I do get away from the farm every now and then. . .On one of our trips to central Arkansas, we ran across an antique mall and cafe out in a field, on a side road where we never dreamed one would be. . .We were taking a shortcut, simply getting out of construction traffic. . .

What fun we had. . .The unique cafe was a photo opportunity in itself. . .and one I will be sharing in the next post. . .For now, I wanted to share two of my favorites. . .inspiring me to use these ideas at our farm. . .somewhere. . .one day. . .

The boot birdhouse is so do-able. . .any boot would do. . .John has a pair that I could use. . .They are almost falling apart. . .I'll have to grab them one day when he's not around to talk me out of using them, even though he said I could. . .Once a boot goes on the board, there is no turning back. . .


I love this idea for seating, too. . .At one time we had numerous tractor seats. . .if I can only find them again. . .A task that will be first on my list once the weather gets warm and I can get to the barns. . .In the past we have used many wooden benches around the farm that John made out of wood scraps. . .They deteriorate quickly if left on the ground. . .These tractor seats would be great. . .The concrete base will keep the wood away from termites and rot. . . .I think a few scattered about would be fun. . .

WARM WEATHER. . .will you ever get here?

I was inspired with more make-do's. . ."Coming Soon to this blog". . . You're gonna love them, too. . .



2 comments:

Henny Penny said...

These are so cute! I've got to try the boot birdhouse! Guess I need to go through Poppy's closet looking for boots. We have a few very old horseshoes around. I love the tractor seat stools too. Thank you!

designchic said...

Such cute ideas - love the boot birdhouse! Happy weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...