Wednesday, November 22, 2017

A Christmas Farmhouse Kitchen With a Mission



Did you hear the rumor going around? 
Christmas is almost here. . .

Oh. . .You heard, huh?
I'm sure you also heard that Black Friday is this week. . .Who hasn't? . .Well, I'm not sure John has. . .He hasn't mentioned it. . .Not that he would do any shopping. . .but he might suggest I go and pick out my own gift. . .as he has in the past. . .But. . .no. . .I haven't heard a word. . . 


I decided to take action and bring out some black and white for the kitchen. . .set up a little Christmas cheer. . .and reminder. . .before Thanksgiving. . .When he asks, "Why are you decorating for Christmas when it's Thanksgiving? And why all the black?' then I can reply, "Because Friday is BLACK FRIDAY!". . .You get my drift, don't you Ladies?


And what if he still doesn't take the bait? . .Then I might need to do something drastic. . .Like. . ."Let's go shopping Friday". . .without telling him he's about to enter a day of traffic jams and frantic shoppers. . .or. . .I could negotiate with. . ."If you'll take me shopping on Black Friday, then you'll have the weekend free for duck hunting". . .You know. . .Give a little. . .Take a little. . .


Yes. . .This is all in fun. . .tongue in cheek, so to speak. . .The end result is a plus, though. . .I've begun to bring in the evergreens and the candles and the vintage whites. . .It will be a 'natural' Christmas this year. . .but I'll tell you more about it next week. . .In the meantime. . .enjoy the photos. . .and eat lots of turkey and pumpkin pie so you'll have plenty of energy for all that shopping. . .
You can bet I will. . .
























5 comments:

Debby Ray said...

I love it all and the touches of red and green really pop against the black and white. Happy Thanksgiving!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

We have started to bring out a couple of decorations too. It is lovely this time of year to have a little cheer! I love your row of candles and the crock filled with greenery and rolling pins!

Henny Penny said...

Oh my gosh, it's beautiful! Your decorating makes me want to go throw everything out and start over! Happy Thanksgiving!!

A Casa Madeira said...

Beautiful pictures.
janicce.

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

I love how you have decorated your kitchen. The greenery and the old wooden spoons and rolling pins in the wooden bucket looks great. Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...