Tuesday, July 11, 2017

She Shed or Playhouse? The Makings of One. . .or The Other

A BEE SKEP AND A BARN WOOD BENCH


A BEAUTIFUL WHITE CREPE MYRTLE. . .WITH BEES. . .FOR SHADE


COUNTRY GOURD BIRDHOUSES 


STAR QUALITY


BEAUTIFUL VIEW FROM INSIDE


I have such a fondness for the antique garden house. . .Built of cypress barn wood, it was once the chicken house. . .When we moved to the farm, the poor little building was about to fall down. . .There wasn't much left. . .John 'transplanted' it  and put it back together with parts and pieces found around the barn. . .Since then, I've called it the garden house. . .but. . .it was far removed from our garden. . .although, after about five or six big dust storms this year, I could have planted a garden inside of it!




The day came to clear it out and clean it up. . .and to give it a new purpose in life. . .a SHE SHED !!!!


When I was growing up I had a PLAYHOUSE much like this one. . .Daddy built me a little table and chairs. . I had an old cast-off metal bed that served as a sofa. . .and I prominently displayed a NO BOYS ALLOWED sign on the front. (I had all boy cousins.)


It was my private place. . .where I could go and dream dreams. . .write my stories. . .read my books. . .and maybe nap on a hot summer's day. . .
So. . .the question I have to ask YOU is. . .
What's the difference in a SHE SHED and a PLAYHOUSE?



'ONLY THE AGE OF THE OWNER'. . .(wink)

You'll have to 'stay tuned' for the reveal. . .coming later. . .


. . .from my She Shed to yours. . .



5 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is so very delightful! I agree that it's the same thing, and it is a wonderful thing! Enjoy!

BumbleBeeLane said...

Oh blissful fun either way.I guess really it's just as old as your heart feels every time you step through the door...smile...~Amy

April D said...

This looks like the beginnings of something wonderful. I agree that the "age of the owner" is the only difference. :)
I found your blog thru Pinterest searching farmhouse kitchens--so glad I did! My daddy grew up in Blytheville! I have been poring over your kitchen posts this afternoon and have barely scratched the surface. We're about to take on a 177 year old farmhouse project and I am setting my "goal" time period for the kitchen in the 1930s, probably because of the feelings it evokes from growing up around the dear older folks who always made me feel so loved. Anyway, I won't keep talking, but wanted to say that I really appreciate your ideas!

So Sunny Day said...

Oh my goodness how fun! I'm a new follower. I love the pictures!

~ Emily from So Sunny Day

Unknown said...

I want one soooooooo much. Waiting for your reveal!!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...