Wednesday, April 26, 2017

ROUND EM UP: The Farmhouse Goes Western for a Day



ROUND EM UP. . .MOVE EM OUT. . .
That's just what I did. . .Rounded up the 'CATTLE'. . .John's (huge #13) COWBOY BOOTS. . .and our COTTON. . .for a really FUN challenge. . .


A few weeks ago, I heard about the 'westerm decor challenge' by  KING RANCH SADDLE SHOP. . .They sell COWBOY and COWGIRL BOOTS of every kind and style. . .It intrigued me. . .thinking that this would be an OPPORTUNITY to show how versatile The Country Farm Home is for changing themes. . .I had never considered Western but it had it's possibilities. . .and I did live in TEXAS years ago. . .
I put on my thinking cap. . .and started 'rounding up'. . .deciding that since my 'SMALL BUCKLE COWBOY' cousin was coming to visit. . .I could try my hand at OLD WESTERN STYLE for our luncheon. 


What's a 'SMALL BUCKLE COWBOY' you ask?. . .It touches the little bit of  COWBOY in you--with boots, western belt and blue jeans for instance. . .but nothing overly done. . .just like the cousin's small Ozark farm. . .not too many cattle. . .only one barn. . .a small ranch style house. . .  His definition of a 'BIG BUCKLE COWBOY' is one who is a lot more serious about it than he is. . .For one thing, I bet no Big Buckle Cowboy names each of his COWS. . .My cousin did for years. . .


Thinking about that, I decided on a 'SMALL BUCKLE WESTERN STYLE' to decorate the keeping room. . .with a little FARMHOUSE thrown in for good measure. . .



















He'll be so surprised when he walks in . . A table fit for any SMALL BUCKLE COWBOY. . .including juicy, grilled HAMBURGER STEAKS with. . .of course. . .COWBOY BEANS. . .


Looking forward to hitching up to the CHUCK WAGON in the next few days. . .
Two SMALL BUCKLE COWBOYS and one TEENY BUCKLE COWGIRL.
Good friends. . .Good food. . .Good Old Western Style. . .
How much better could it get?





4 comments:

KayC. said...

I love​ this look! I live in Wyoming and not a cowgirl by any means but I do have a guest room that I call my "cowboy room". You have given me some great inspiration! Thanks. KayC. from The Falling Feather Farm

Connie said...

I'm a cowgirl at heart and I love this look . . . especially the boot filled with cotton . . . so fun :)

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

awesome! I do have a 'thing' about shoes/boots being on a table for decor - (it's just me I'm sure!) :) but otherwise? I just love it all! Love the straw - grounds it just perfectly :)

srpprcrftr said...

Happen to think Western is good style, relaxed, little bit of farm/ranch house - what 's the difference? You did great job emulating western/cowboy/girl idea.
We've lived in Tucson, AZ, CA, Montana, KY and now CO. Hubs from OK and me from OH. Had western décor for while in KY and people there were confused. Had it almost whole time we lived in MT. Kinda grows on ya', of all places have lived MT is still my favorite.
Loved all you did to make keeping room look western style. Have good time with your cousin. Take care

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...