Monday, December 12, 2016

Angels--First Fire--Christmas Carol



 I've been hearing this grand old Christmas Carol in my head for days now. . .

Angels we have heard on high
Sweetly singing o’er the plains
And the mountains in reply
Echoing their joyous strains

Gloria, in excelsis Deo!
Gloria, in excelsis Deo!




Then it became a HUM. . .




and the Hum became a SONG. . .



 
Shepherds, why this jubilee?
Why your joyous strains prolong?
What the gladsome tidings be
Which inspire your heavenly song?



Gloria, in excelsis Deo!
Gloria, in excelsis Deo!


 With ANGELIC INSPIRATION, I began to bring 
 LIGHT to our FARMHOUSE Keeping Room. . .




while our FIRST FIRE of the WINTER made it
More FESTIVE. . .More ROMANTIC. . .
More CHRISTMAS-Y. . .
 Sending even more LIGHT throughout the room. . .

 
 


Bringing to mind how. . .one STARRY Christmas night. . .

the LIGHT OF THE WORLD. . .came down to live among us. . .







And. . .the ANGELS SANG. . .






6 comments:

Unknown said...

I collected angels for years, and told my husband the other day that I might do a mantlescape with them in the new year. Yours are beautiful!!

Sweet Tea N ' Salty Air said...

Oh my word I too have had that carol on my mind, I never knew all the words which is rare because I know almost every Christmas carol, thanks for sharing the words, I can hum it pretty well though. Your Fire place looks super toasty and inviting adorned by a beautiful angel! Happy Holidays! Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

srpprcrftr said...

Having been n choir in high school always enjoyed singing carols for Christmas program, miss that. Nobody seems to do that anymore except in church.Loved your post and seeing your angels, nicely staged with angels and cast iron pots. You have lots of them.
Had fireplace in our first mfg. home we bought in MT. Was so nice to have fires in fireplace, also helped to warm up living room. There were big windows on all 3 sides of living room, plus l/r was down a step from rest of home, which made it even colder in room. I used to kneel on couch watching it snow quite often, loved it, especially our first winter there. We had moved to MT from San Diego area, had 20 acres out on plains, quite a change from 21 yrs. of San Diego.
I would move back to MT in a heart beat if we could have what we did then.
A fireplace makes any room feel special, enjoy yours.
Have wonderful week and enjoy holiday season.

Linda said...

Beautiful post and photos. Merry Christmas and warm greetings from Montreal, Canada. :)

Unknown said...

I love to see their blogs and like their website There are many popular sprayed insulation names coming up in the business as well as we are one who are delivering quality work in best possible manner. As a popular name and spray foam insulation installation organization we are always committed to offer top quality services, hire us and get the best works delivered with all limited or affordable price range

Tonita said...

Such a lovely blog post. I love the angels in all the unexpected, non traditional places. Just darling.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...