Thursday, February 11, 2016

Easy Red Velvet Cupcakes and Oreo Flowers...

 
I love surprising people throughout the year with little recognitions of how SPECIAL they are. . .I see no reason to only REMEMBER others at Christmastime. . .My brother has taught me that. . .He rarely sends GIFTS at holidays or birthdays. . .but throughout the year, PACKAGES may arrive 'out of the blue'. . .To tell you the truth, those little REMEMBRANCES touch me greatly. . .
 
And so, I took the opportunity to do something a little special for VALENTINE'S DAY and for a few of those whom we consider FRIENDS. . .as a Thank You. . .and hopefully to make them feel 'LOVED'  themselves. . .What's the best way to touch the HEART? . .HOME-BAKED GOODIES!!!
 
These Red Velvet Cupcakes with their cute Oreo Flowers are so, so SIMPLE. . .and you'll need very few ingredients. . .Actually, I made the first batch to test out an IDEA  I'd seen at a local bakery. . .It went so quickly and got the THUMBS UP from John's taste testing that I decided to make more. . .Honest. . .I spent maybe 45 minutes on the first fifteen cupcakes, not including the cooking time. . .Before the afternoon was over, I had red and pink all over the kitchen. . .but so HAPPY with the results. . . .
 
Since I can't send each of you a RED VELVET CUPCAKE. . .I'm doing the next best thing. . .Sharing the QUICK AND SIMPLE with you. . .
 
 
Isn't that EASY?
 
Each of the FLOWERS are a little different--one of a kind. . .
that's how you'll find them in NATURE. . .
I was also testing different techniques. . .(SMILE)
 
 
 
 
EASY PEASY AND
Ready for Delivery. . .
 
 
Wishing You a
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY WONDERFUL WEEKEND
 
. . .from my farmhouse to yours. . .
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

Very clever! Adorable! I'm sure your friends will love them!

Dawn said...

How darn cute, I love them!

Sam I Am...... said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you! Aren't those just precious and easy too? Right up my alley then! I agree with your brother..I've always felt Christmas should be every day and also I tend to be late with gifts so they arrive at all times of the year! LOL! I wish I was your neighbor right about now! What a sweetie you are!

Tiny Toadstool Cottage said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Those cupcakes are so adorable - what a clever idea. I think they would make a lovely pressie for my daughter, who has a baby girl due in 5 weeks. She has enough baby stuff - I'm thinking some chocolate prettiness like that will be just the thing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...