Thursday, January 29, 2015

Calming Kitchen Corner in the Middle of Farmhouse Chaos


 
"I begin every major home project with both excitement and despair--anticipating the outcome but knowing first there must be chaos. . ."




I love our little farmhouse. . It's all the two of us need. . .but let me share with you a little of the chaos even the simplest project can generate. . Well. . .I say simple project. . .I suppose laying a new floor in two rooms isn't a small task. . .is it? . .No. . .But the problem wasn't the floor. . .It was where to put everything out of the way. . .Our house is so small--as in few rooms--that the slightest change can wreak havoc with our lives. . .

FOR WEEKS WE'VE LIVED WITH THIS IN THE THREE FRONT ROOMS

IN THE KITCHEN WITH THIS



Makes the word SIMPLIFY laughable, doesn't it?



There's NO PLACE TO HIDE AND GET AWAY FROM IT (sigh)

If it wasn't for my LIBRARY and this one corner of the kitchen, I'd be bonkers by now. . .




Hard to believe this is in the same house, isn't it? . .It's my one place of sanity. . .and I'll fight anyone who comes along and tries to clutter it. . .There are some things a person HAS to stand up for. . .(smile). . .

CLOSE TO THE FINISH OF PHASE ONE
 
I do think John will be finished with the floor today. . .Then I'll begin putting everything back in it's place and clean the entire house from top to bottom. . .Is that the end? . .NO. . .I'll be creating FARMHOUSE STYLE in the coming months. . .Through this three year journey, I've tweaked my style and my thinking. . .In my mind's eye, I know exactly what I want. . .I've let go of much and settled on a certain style. . .It will be interesting to see how my vision turns out.

Can't wait to get started. . . 



14 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see the finished floor/room. And I couldn't agree more, the mess, clutter, tools, chaos. . . it sure tests this OCD gal. If you have time please stop by and have a look at www.7grands.blogspot.com. . . hugs Debi

Unknown said...

oops, my link didn't work. . . here it is again. . . http://7grands.blogspot.com/2015/01/because-farmhouses-didnt-have-ac.html?showComment=1422548664066#c1560141761623795398. have a good day.

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Oh I know just how you feel! But it is more then worth it every time you walk across the floor. Hang in there, the end is in sight and the fun part it about to begin! Can't wait to see the finished rooms!

Pamela Gordon said...

Renovation chaos is not fun but worth it in the end. I'll look forward to seeing your re-vamped take on farmhouse style decor. Have fun re-decorating! :)

cynthia lee designs said...

I know exactly how you feel. We remodeled our kitchen and the stove was sitting in the living room while we gutted the kitchen. We are now thinking of redoing the bathrooms and taking the carpet up in the living room/dining room and putting in new flooring. It's hard to live with remodeling, but so worth it in the end. Can't wait to see your farmhouse style.
~Cindy

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Dru, It is so hard to make pretty, isn't it? I think that is why half the time we drag our feet going from one room to the next. Everything just gets torn up again even though some of it was already done.I think it would be so much easier to rent a motel and do it all at once. But, there are some considerations, like MONEY!!. It will be beautiful one day soon and I can't wait to see what you have done..Happy Thursday..Judy

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see it finished!! I love your decorating style so I know it will be marvelous!! Your kitchen always makes me swoon...:) Have a great weekend!! Hugs!!

Angie @ Knick of Time said...

We're going through a room remodel now, so I know just what you're suffering through. I had to laugh, because I've never seen anyone else who has as many cast iron skillet's hanging in their kitchen as I do!

Blessings,
Angie @ KnickofTime.net

Pam said...

It will a be worth the aggravation and be just beautiful in the end!
Hugs,
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Old Time Cindy said...

Hey Soul Sister...
Why am I looking at your mess?!? I have my own! :) Our remodel is going to take much longer than yours. I'm just now deciding on which flooring. Be glad those gorgeous floors of yours are done. I want to come over and see them. I'd be willing to leave my mess and come help you clean up yours. We would have so much fun! I wanted you to know that my email has been down for days. I receive, but cannot send. What's up with that?
Farmhouse Hugs,
Cindy

Big Rigs 'n Lil' Cookies said...

Tis the season for kitchen remodeling! Completely feel your pain. We aren't done, but I am battling daily to get the mess cleaned up, and the dust to just go away!

terricheney said...

I love that one simple corner of your kitchen. It is so awesome. I don't blame you for protecting it hard as you go through the whole process.

Granny Sue said...

Girl after my own heart! My kitchen has been in an uproar since I decided to sell the old wood cookstove, repaint the cabinets, and assorted other changes. Maybe I will get it back in order this week...maybe...because I didn't like the first color on the cabinets, painted them a second color and don't like it so I am repainting again to the first color. Ah me.

LivingVintage said...

Wow! You have an impressive cast iron collection! I see that you collect dogs? I do, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...