Sunday, December 7, 2014

SUNDAY: In the Spirit of Christmas

The Christmas decorations at Bruton Parish Church are always gorgeous. . .
and reflect such a lovely spirit of Christmas. . .


As I step inside, they take my breath away. . .No photos can do them justice. . .the aroma of evergreens and beeswax candles fill the air. . .No matter which direction I turn there is a photo opportunity. . .So come along and visit with me. . .be inspired with evergreen wreaths and roping. . .candles and poinsettias. . .impeccable restoration and beauty. . .
 

Bruton Parish Church is located in the restored area of Colonial Williamsburg in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA. It was established in 1674 by the consolidation of two previous parishes in the Virginia Colony, and remains an active Episcopal parish.
 
History walked here. . .for Bruton Parish was the church of many of this Nation's Founding Fathers. . .George Washington, Patrick Henry, Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, Richard Henry Lee, Benjamin Harrison, Thomas Nelson, Jr., George Wythe, Francis Lightfoot Lee and Carter Braxton,  George Mason. . .


I've walked here many times, too (not that I'm famous lol). . .sat in the pews. . .worshiped in the services. . .spent many lunch hours in the quiet and stillness. . .and often heard voices from the past whisper in my ear. . .
 
Forgive me for the history lesson and personal experiences. . .Sometimes I can't help myself.
 
Christmas at Bruton Parish is a very special time. . .the true spirit of Christmas abides and it's celebration is displayed in part by the gorgeous decorations and attention to detail. . .See for yourself. . .I'll leave you to ooh and aah. . .








 
 






 
 


SUNDAY BLESSINGS
from the Colonies
 


6 comments:

Junkchiccottage said...

Beautiful.
Kris

Pamela Gordon said...

It is very beautiful! Thanks for the tour and the history lesson. Enjoy your afternoon.

The Joy of Home with Martha Ellen said...

Thanks for the lovely Christmas tour of Bruton Parish. It's one of my favorite places in Colonial Williamsburg. ♥

Debby said...

Just beautiful.

Unknown said...

I hope you were here for the Grand Illumination!! Bruton Parish is lovely all the time.

Heide at ApronHistory said...

OH! It is stunning! Thank you for sharing! I love your Williamsburg pictures. So inspiring!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...