Friday, August 29, 2014

The Only Way to Go Was Up

I'm pretty much in love with step stools. . .Never have enough close at hand for a personal boost or for decorating the farmhouse. . .When not in use, most end up on the back porch. . .where I can see and grab quickly. . .I did pare down to three of my favorites that I wasn't using. . .Not enough room for all of them on the porch floor. . .so I figured the only way to go was UP!
 
 
Placed on a weather-worn farm bench, the little step stools became part of the porch décor. . .Of course I had to add a few touches to the vignette. . .a birdhouse. . .vintage flower pots. . .an orphan drawer from a long lost prim piece. . .a bird's nest that fell to the ground during the Summer. . .brushes from times past. . .a 40s fold-up chair. . .Such dissimilar items to bring together, aren't they?
 
 
 
 
There's no rule that items being stored can't be decorative, too, is there?
 
 
 
. . .from my farmhouse to yours. . .
 


13 comments:

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Love your decorating sense of humour Dru! Sometimes the only thing you can do is turn it into a thing of beauty. Not that your step stools needed much help, very cute!

Deb said...

I think that is rather charming. Deb

Dawn said...

The stacked stools look wonderful an I love the variety of colors

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

cute corner

cynthia lee designs said...

Pretty little step stools!!
~Cindy

Unknown said...

Just love your stack of farm benches!!

Unknown said...

I just love this. I think this is now my favorite DIY you have done. It looks so great. You had great vision and a great re love on this one.
Family Friendly Décor

Brenda Pruitt said...

Love it! I've always found little stools and benches to be indispensable.
Brenda

Margaret said...

I, too, am a step stool lover! A million uses other than stepping on them! Happy Labor Day weekend! Maggie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Nope, no rule at all! Why not make them pretty while waiting to be put to good use. Love their chippy character Dru!
hugs,
Jann

Sam I Am...... said...

Love your display and what a great idea when you run out of floor space...go up! LOL! Darling display!

The Farmers Daughter said...

From Joy: Dru,I just love the stack of stools and that little table is adorable. I have a small stool that my Dad made when he was 6yrs old. That was 81 years ago!

Robin Johnson said...

I'm right there with you. A girl can never have too many, there just so handy to have around.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...