Friday, May 17, 2013

Country Whites Weekend #6--The Cover-up


Welcome to Country Whites Weekend!
We're having a party!
I look forward each month to visiting with each of you. . . .
Certainly glad you stopped by and will join Cindy and me 
for a weekend of inspiring posts from our blogging friends. . . .

Before

Before we party, I wanted to share with you my kitchen Pet Peeve. . . .
Yes, I said Pet Peeve--a constant irritation--
the one and only flaw--as I see it--in our farmhouse kitchen plan--
light switches and receptacles spread out all along the wall. 
They're such an eye sore. . . not grouped together. . . .
no rhyme or reason to it. . . .
a never ending challenge.

After

I was ill when the contractor wired the electricity. . . .wasn't around to keep an eye on it.
When I saw what he had done, I was almost sick again!

Instead of crying about it, I try to be innovative and hide them as much as possible.
My favorite cover-up--vintage platters!
They make charming backgrounds and are easily moved if a receptacle is needed.
In the above photos, you can see what a difference they make!


It's a plain and simple solution, but sometimes simple is best, isn't it?

I'd be curious to know if you have the same problem in your kitchen?
One of many things I so enjoy about Country Whites Weekend
is the sharing of ideas among friends.
I know I say it over and over again, but I AM so inspired by all of you!
So, let's see what you have to share this month!


Country Whites Weekend
The third weekend of every month…
Friday morning through Sunday evening.

Held jointly at
The Country Farm Home
&
Link here or there and you will show up on both blogs.
Features will be held the following Friday.
Be sure to check both blogs to see if your country whites have been featured.
You may link up to three posts!

Please Do:
Write your country whites post first and link back here to 
Country Whites Weekend with
Text or a link back using the Country Whites Weekend photo within your post.
Here at the party, be sure to link up your post url, not your blog url.
We’d appreciate it if you became a follower of both our blogs.
Take the time to visit at least 3 other party participants.

Please Don’t:
Link to shops, giveaways, parties and blog hops.
Link up something that you have already shared here.

Now, It's Time to Party!
Have a great weekend. . .


12 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I do understand about the annoying cover plates. Our great grandmas certainly never had this problem. ;-)
Lovely vignettes.

Celestina Marie said...

Good Country Morning Dru,
Well I so agree and have dealt with the same switch plate challenge. I love what you have created in white to cover them up. Such a pretty and easy fix. The platters are gorgeous.
Thank you for sharing your inspiration and for hosting CCW.
Hugs, Celestina Marie

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Good Morning sweet friend! I have the same pet peeve. As you know, we did not build our house. Our outlets are so high that even a platter does not cover them. What were they thinking? Once in a while I can hide one with one of my stitchings or old scales but most of the time they are just there staring me right in my face. UGH! Happy to be joining in this morning. I was in my sewing room tinkering for an hour and then it dawned on me that I was missing the party. lol!
hugs,
Jann

Old Time Cindy said...

Okay...I'm laughing. You know the 2 pie pans I have hanging in the corner above my kitchen counter top? The ones with the magnetic scrabble tiles? Yep, they are hiding the receptacles. They are so close together, but hubby says there are regulations on how they are to be spaced. Really!?!
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Pamela Gordon said...

Your idea of hiding outlets and switches is a good one and looks so pretty and attractive. Our kitchen has 3 outlets around one side so they are hidden by jars which works for me. Thanks for hosting Country Whites Weekend. I hope you have a great weekend there. Hugs, Pamela

cynthia lee designs said...

Hi Dru,
What a great way to hide those ugly light switches and outlets. Your platters are so pretty!!
When we put up the faux tin backsplash...it came with thin tin sheets that you can cover them up with.
Have a great weekend.
hugs,
Cindy

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I just painted my vintage ironing board white, and I'm sharing a patio vignette with my ironing board.

Tazas y Cuentos said...

Such a good idea! Those platters are lovely!
Thank you very much for hosting!
Besos, Silvina

Unknown said...

Now that is a very pretty camouflage. Thanks for hosting.

Heirloom treasures said...

The platters were a good idea to cover the power points. I hate seeing them too.e got an electrician in to replace some and he replaced them with huge one's that stuck out from the wall,like the ones you see in really old houses. Now our home is over 100yrs old but there is a limit to what we want to look old. Needless to say we replaced them for a second time,at our expense. It makes you wonder where some workmens ideas come from.

Melanie said...

Joining Country Whites Weekend for the first time and couldn't stop with just 3 visits, there is too much I want to see and read!
Loved the cover up idea, have had to do similar things here. Never know what you will get in an old farmhouse! Thanks for hosting!

Diane said...

Those platters are lovely and a great way to cover those annoying switch plates. I'm a little late linking up but wanted to join your lovely party again! Thanks for hosting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...