Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sew Thrifty A Find



The sun is shining bright today. . . .From my kitchen window I can see a few sprigs of grass beginning to appear. . . . Spring can't be too far away, can it?

Earlier, I thought I'd gather up the gardening tools and head out to the flower beds for a little winter clean-up. . . .What a surprise I had when I opened the door! It might LOOK warm, but it certainly is NOT. . . .


I turned around and headed back inside. . . .I'll enjoy the sunshine from the window. . . .while playing with something else green. . . .this cute thrift store find. . . .It should keep me occupied for the next day or two INDOORS.

Maybe you recognize it from a post back in December. . . .I haven't had the time to work with it until now. . . .In fact, John has had the "green machine"  in his workshop for a cleaning and lube job. . . .Now, it's my turn. . . .


I think it's a Singer Tiny Tailor--but can't seem to find a whole lot of information. . . .

I already own three black Tiny Tailors. . . .which have become very collectible. . . .Quilters love them, as well as crafters, because they are small enough to carry with you and sturdy enough to stitch like a regular sized machine. . . .


When I spotted this green one in a local thrift store for $10, I didn't hesitate a bit to quickly grab it before anyone else did. . . .Not only was the price right, it was love at first sight. . . .


I've tried Googling to find out some information. . . .So far, not much luck. . . .

They were manufactured in Canada. . . .I think around 1954. . . .The Serial Number is different from anything I found on the Singer website. . . .


I thought maybe one of you might have some information?
It's a "dandy" little machine. . . .


For my first project, I'm sew, sew, sewing a basketful of doilies and embroidered pieces into----
Well, you'll just have to wait and see. . . .


Yes, I'm teasing you. . . .Blame it on Spring Fever. . . .
But, you'll still have to wait and see. . . .


I'll have the house to myself for the next few days. . . .Plenty of time to finish the sewing projects. . . .I think I'll set the Tiny Tailor right in FRONT of the window. . . .That way I can at least pretend I'm outside. . . .while keeping as warm as that sun looks!

. . .from my farmhouse to yours. . .


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...