Wednesday, February 6, 2013

In The Pink--Strawberry Cupcakes & Transferware


Valentine's Day is around the corner! As if you didn't know. . . .


I've learned through the years something I'm sure most of you women already know. . . . The best way to my Sweetie's heart is through his tummy!

With that in mind, I thought I'd try an idea I had for Two Ingredient Cupcakes--this time using strawberries. . . . I love how fast I can make a batch, as well as the simplicity of it. . . .They turn out so moist and delicious. . . .So delicious that the minute they came out of the oven, John and Boo both suddenly appeared in the kitchen, begging for a taste.

I did give in. . . .let John have a sample. . . .not Boo. . . .He IS a cat, although he thinks he's human. . . .


John gave me a two thumbs up on the recipe. . . .Then wanted another.
Bless his heart. . . .He does love his Sweets.



Two Ingredient Strawberry Cupcakes
1 Box White Cake Mix
1 15-oz can Strawberries in Syrup
     (reserve 3 tablespoons syrup for
      icing--optional)
Blend Strawberries and Syrup together. Add Cake Mix.
Bake at 350 degrees, approximately 30 minutes.

Cream Cheese Icing
1 8-oz package Cream Cheese, room temp
1 Stick Butter, room temp
3 Tablespoons reserved Syrup
   or 1 teaspoon Vanilla
3-5 Cups Sifted Powdered Sugar
Cream Butter and Cream Cheese together. Add Syrup or Vanilla, then Powdered Sugar to the consistency desired.

I brought out the Rose Transferware for a Valentine's Day vignette featuring the Strawberry Cupcakes. . . .Alas, I have very few pieces of it. . . .I'm constantly on the lookout for more that is within my budget, but they're few and far between. . . . .
What you see here is the extent of the collection.

A few cups and saucers. . . .A small bowl. . . .


A couple of crazed dessert plates. . . .


And, a plate that reads, "A Good Mother Makes A Happy Home". . . . A Tribute to Mother by Norma Sherman of Staffordshire, England. . . .



I'm a little confused as to what to call the transferware. . . .I've seen these dishes referred to as Pink and as Red and as Rose. . . .Which is it? I chose Rose because that's my best friend's name. . . .but, I'd like to know which is correct. Maybe you could enlighten me?

Will there be more Rose Transferware in my future? I hope so!. . . .If nothing else, it gives me an excuse for junkin'. . . .as if I needed one. . .


  
For now, I'm just hoping the Strawberry Cupcakes will earn me a Valentine's Day dinner out. . . .but, as fast as they're disappearing, I may have to make another batch for the big day. . . .just as a reminder. . . . 

 . . .sending Love from my farmhouse to yours. . .



36 comments:

Tanya Rachelle said...

I love the Rose Transferware!!! I like the name... and it's very fitting. Beautiful cupcakes and thank you for recipe too.
~Tanya

Hayu Maselli said...

Dearest Dru,

So yummy cupcake, thanks for sharing this recipe, love to make it one
have a good week

Ruby and Arthur said...

I love recipes with just a few ingredients. I'll have to try these! Yours look so pretty, Jean

Pamela Gordon said...

So beautiful! I love the dishes and the beautiful cupcakes. Perfect for Valentine's Day tea or dessert. Yum!

Stephanie said...

Wow, so beautiful! And your cupcakes look delicious :) I will have to try the recipe sometime - thank you for sharing.

Blessings to you,
Stephanie

Chenille Cottage said...

Dearest Dru,
Oh...What a delightful post! I was hooked with my first glance...How I love all the softness that you have included in each capture. Luscious swirly pink icing, sugary sparkles, happy red hearts and perky little strawberries...What a feast for the eye...not to mention the tummy! Your pink transferware is so perfect for this time of year.

Thank you for your dear comment, Dru. It's so good to be home once again. I am so thankful that the baby and hi mommy didn't get the flu.

Have a wonderful remainder of the week!
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

Ann said...

They are adorable cupcakes. I have been craving strawberry, so I need to make these for myself. Ha! I am a fairly new follower of your blog and would love it if you followed my blog. I always like making new friends in blogville.

Poppy said...

Hi Dru,

Your valentine cupcakes and transfer ware are the sweetest thing! They are the stuff of dreams! Thank goodness, they're real: lovely and luscious!

Thanks for the sweet tooth and eye candy fix!

Poppy

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

You had me at red transferware. I've been on the hunt for more, but so far I only have 4 cups and saucers and a few small bowls. Hopefully I'll come across a set at an estate sale or antique shop, but I just don't see it around much anymore.

Your cupcakes look delish!

Anne said...

Your red transferware is so pretty!YUM those cup cakes look and sound delicious!
xx
Anne

cynthia lee designs said...

Dru...your Transferware is so pretty!! And the Two Ingredient Strawberry Cupcakes look so yummy!! I'm going to have to make some of these...I just love quick and easy recipes.
hugs,
Cindy

Pam said...

Hi Dru, I just pinned your recipe to my valentine board! So simple to make and looks divine. I will be making this as soon as I can go out and buy the strawberries! Thanks so much! xo Pam

Pam said...

Oh my, I love the rose transfer ware! Every thing looks so beautiful!
I bought 6 Syracuse China Strawberry Hill design oval plates at a thrift store for 5.99 for the set! I love them. Thank you so much for sharing your yummy strawberry cake recipe!
Have a wonderful day
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

So, so pretty! I think I'd like one of those cupcakes, Diet Coke in a transferware teacup, all while I'm soaking in the tub in your newly simplified bath! :)

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

These cup cakes look and sound so yummy and I love your pink/red/rose transferware! I'm not sure what it is officially called either, but it sure is beatiful! Hope you get you Valentine's Day dinner! Hugs, Leena

Robin Johnson said...

Your cupcakes look so yummy and I love your plates! So pretty.

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Love your pictures! Those cupcakes look marvelous, almost too good to eat!
I have heard the transferware called pink, red and rose also, but I do think red is the most commonly used term. I think that is the English term too.

Old Time Cindy said...

There! You are back and I've had my Dru fix. LOL! Everything is lovely as always. I don't have any red transferware, but I'm open to that changing in my future. :)
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

Olive said...

Just gorgeous transferware.. I love transferware too. One day garage saling I came across this darling older couple and they sold me a set of blue willow and red willow china for ten dollars. So keep looking, you just never know.

Unknown said...

Red Transferware is just the best but you are correct...it's tough to find good pieces at a good price. I collect Woods Burslem Colonial pattern...it was my great grandmothers everydayware and I think it just makes everything taste just a little better :)

Good luck on your hunt..
Kelly @ Babiole de Windsor

Ps: I'm now following and am looking forward to seeing your progress in finding more.

Unknown said...

Red Transferware is just the best but you are correct...it's tough to find good pieces at a good price. I collect Woods Burslem Colonial pattern...it was my great grandmothers everydayware and I think it just makes everything taste just a little better :)

Good luck on your hunt..
Kelly @ Babiole de Windsor

Ps: I'm now following and am looking forward to seeing your progress in finding more.

chateau chic said...

YUMMY!! Those little cupcakes of yours are so pretty too! Love your red transferware. Yes, I guess I always called it red. Not sure why.
Mary Alice

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Dru, the cupcakes look too pretty to eat. lol! The recipe sounds so yummy. I am pinning it. I love your transfer ware. I only have a few plates and bowls. I too am on the look out for more. To me my dishes seem more rose, but I always people call them red transferware. Being the red lover that I am that's fine with me! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Robyn said...

Hi there, Im a new reader and follower of your blog and Im so enjoying your posts. I love your transfer wear and those cupcakes look delicious! I think I will make some for my husband for Valentines day. He too has a sweet tooth and these will be right up his alley! Beautiful photos too! Thank you so much for sharing this :)
Robyn

GardenOfDaisies said...

I've always heard it called red transferware, but I like the name rose way better. Your cupcakes look delicious. I've never even heard of strawberries in syrup... I guess I need to start paying more attention at the grocery store.

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

I love your transferware collection!

Dee@FrenchBleuVintage said...

I am a HUGE lover of all Transferware and yes, pink/red is my favorite ~ Gorgeous collection!

Unknown said...

Love, love everything. The cupcakes looks so yummy.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

Down Blueberry Lane said...

Those cupcakes look delish!! To me it is red transferware, but what do I know. LOL Beautiful!!

ThrifterSisters said...

I see that transfer ware quite a bit while out thrifting but since I don't collect it, I never look at the prices. I may have to get a few pieces for myself if they are reasonably priced for Valentines Day! Great inspiration:-)

Erica

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Dru,
I am featuring you at my 'showing a little love' challenge today.
hugs,
Jann

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Dru,
I am featuring you at my 'showing a little love' challenge today.
hugs,
Jann

Sam I Am...... said...

Lovely "vignette" but I really like the red transferware! I have some brown but like the red. Thanks for the recipe! I think I'll make some for MOI for V-Day....perfect dessert. Happy Valentine's Day to you and John!

Echoes From the Hill said...

I have a cake plate just like yours.
It is 50 years old.
Your photos are lovely.
nancyr

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Dru, Thank you for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays. I love the red transferware and the pink strawberry cupcakes look so pretty and delicious!

Jody

The Charm of Home said...

These are so pretty. Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...