Wednesday, January 16, 2013

The Farmhouse Bath at Night



On the spur of the moment last night, I picked up my camera and headed for the bath--to take a few shots for my own use. . . .What I discovered was--the farmhouse bath takes on a very different glow at night with only the light from the chandelier--picking up the red in the roses and spreading it throughout the room. . . .almost a fairytale quality to it. . . .

I've been busy changing out the bath to a Plain and Simple Farmhouse Style this week. . . .Since I've never decorated plain and simple in that room, it certainly was a challenge for me. . . .I found myself putting in too much--stacking too many--adding this and that--coming up with the same look I've had for years. . . .

I can't tell you how many times I arranged and rearranged, only to tear it all down again, thinking "No, I want plain and simple. . . .like my keeping room. . . ."


Keeping Room! The "Simplify" sign!

So to remind me of my goal, I stole the sign from the keeping room and set it up in the bath--my inspiration for the rest of the week. . . .


There must be magic in that simple, thifted little 50c item. . . .Every time I'd gather too much together, I'd glance at "Simplify" and come back to my senses. . . .


I had two goals--to put together a simple farmhouse bath reminiscent of early to mid-20th century Delta farmhouses--and at the same time, challenge myself to continue with my Plain and Simple Style journey. . . .one I realize is not embraced by everyone--but one that has become very important to me--a goal I'm seeking--in my home and in my life. . . .


I've gained many insights during this challenge--the steps to accomplishing my goal. . . .I'll tell you about them one day soon. . . .But, for now, I wanted to share a little fairytale night time with you. . . .the glow of artificial light and a big bouquet of red roses. . . .




A simple grouping on the Victorian chest of drawers. . . .


A little vignette on top of the linen cabinet. . . .





I'm pleased with this Plain and Simple Bathroom Style. . . .Such a little transformation away from the cottage look--but a start. . . .When I reveal the bath in daylight, you'll see more touches of color and the soothing blue of the painted beadboard. . . .It looks totally different from this nightly play on light and shadows. . . .


After enjoying these photographs myself, I'm thinking candlelight, soft music and a bubble bath tonight. . . .Anyone have a rubber ducky I can borrow?

. . . .from my farmhouse bath to yours. . . .

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...