Thursday, January 3, 2013

Inspiration for the Farmhouse Living Room Redo

I'm getting inspired! . . .From blogs, websites, magazines, books, and my own idea journals. . . .It's always fun to start a new project. . . .So many ideas going through my head. . . .So many decisions to make. . . .But, it's exciting, isn't it?

from: Country Living Magazine


What's filling my imagination? . .Our living room redo. . . .I told you a little bit about it in What's Next Revealed . . . .Now that the holidays are over, it's time to get serious. . . .I have a vague sense of what I want. . . .Of course, it will have to be Plain & Simple Farmhouse Style. . . .something that will fit in with the keeping room/kitchen. . . .farmhouse whites and other neutrals. . . .but with pops of color. . . .I'll have to incorporate black somewhere to tie in with the keeping room checkerboard floor. . . .maybe. . . .A striped rug?


.
 from: countryliving.com
Or, maybe not. . . .

I'm so thankful for all the bloggers who take time to share their own homes. . . .There's a wealth of inspiration out there. . . .It's awesome. . . .One family room that caught my attention was at Junk Chic Cottage. . . .

junkchiccottage.blogspot.com
Kris has a superb eye for placing unexpected items together, doesn't she?

I'll definitely slipcover our couch. . . .The problem is, we have three! Two in storage, one we use--all in different styles--a cottage, a traditional, and a camel back. . . .Which one?

So, I've spent the last few days browsing. . . .

from: countryliving.com
I could see myself enjoying this setting. . . .but don't you think it
needs a bright red something?


from: countryliving.com
That couch actually resembles the camel back one I have. . . .
Come to think of it, I have furniture that resembles all these pieces.


from: countryliving.com
My eyes went right to the wooden box and the blue canning jars.
And, notice the ladder in the corner. . . .


from: countryliving.com
The black and white signs remind me of chalk boards--could add a touch of the black I'm looking for. . . .
  

from: countryliving.com
Buckets painted white? Why not?


from: countryliving.com
Too much white? Yet, there's a farmhouse feel to it. . .
I couldn't paint the living room floor, though--could I?
. . . The striped pillows are nice. . .

I also noticed that I've been drawn to couches with the legs showing. . . .Something I never realized I liked. . . .Hmmmm. . . .It's looking more and more like the camel back couch is winning out.

 Then, I found this idea. . . .

I have an iron baby bed exactly like this one. . . .I bought it, thinking I'd make a love seat for one of the shotgun houses. . . .Now, I think it's going in the living room. . . .maybe. . . .


from: Every Little Birdie

from: Every Little Birdie
I also found this clever vintage ironing board idea at Every Little Birdie. . . .I have one--a sofa table maybe?

My head is spinning!

What I know for sure is--I'll use my collection of feed and seed bags. . . .




A few for pillows. . . .others for cushion covers. . . .

from: sugarpiefarmhouse

from: Pinterest
Maybe a few for chair covers. . . .
Don't these shout "Farmhouse!!!"


 
I'll keep the vintage china cabinet--but paint it. . . .the ladder with the cotton pick sack and straw hat. . . .the vintage drapes--maybe. . . .or not. . . .

See what I mean? 


Decisions. . . .Decisions. . . .Decisions. . . .
Maybe I'll just wing it and let things
fall into place on their own. . . .

Another journey. . . .
But, won't it be fun? 
(John just frowned at me over his glasses. . . .ha ha)

from my farmhouse to yours. . . .


Sharing with: * Show & Tell Friday * Feathered Nest Friday * Simple & Sweet Fridays * Home Sweet Home * Be Inspired Friday
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...