Sunday, January 13, 2013

I'm Weaving with a New Rag Rug Loom

Winter is the best time of year to get out those fabric scraps and work on a rag rug. . . .I decided this winter I wanted to try a smaller loom--one I could curl up with on the couch. . . .It came about faster than I anticipated. . . . .I've been down with a cold/flu these past few days--one that started Christmas Day. Just couldn't seem to shake it. . . .I finally gave up and headed for the bed. . . .


My sweet John knows how I hate to be still, so to keep me resting and off my feet, he crafted a new rag rug loom--one that's more manageable for me in bed--or relaxing on the couch. . . .Not only is it smaller than the first, this loom can be adjusted to two different sizes:   16" x 26"--suitable for a small rug or a large table mat--and  16" x 13"--suitable for place mats.

It's like getting two looms in one!


I had baskets of old denim shirts handy, so I decided that's what I'd use for the new rug. . . .Denim and farmhouses go together well. . . .



It only took one large men's denim shirt to complete the warf. . . . The plan is to weave the entire rug with denim shirt strips--in various colors of blue.

I've found that if I weave from the side, I can hold it fairly comfortably in my lap. . . .as long as I can keep Boo otherwise occupied. . . . .He thinks my lap is off limits to anything but him. . . .



I've enjoyed this new loom so much that John has crafted several more and will be selling them at Our Old Country Store. . . . If you've wanted to try your hand at weaving, this smaller version might be just what you need.  It won't take you long to complete a small rug. . . .

To order, visit: Two-in-One Rag Rug Loom

I plan to be out of bed and on my feet after the weekend. . . .Hope this cold/flu gets the message. . . .I have a bathroom to decorate and a living room to redo! No time to be sick in bed. . . . .


. . . .from my farmhouse to yours. . . .



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...