Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall Color in the "Butler's Pantry"

       

Fall Fever seems to be everywhere. . . .
 so many inspiring vignettes and decorations--                            
         every place I look.                                

My intentions for Fall decorating this year were a little different. . . .
  lighter and whiter with touches of color,
  in Plain & Simple Farmhouse Style.                                       






















Yet, I do love the colors of Fall. . . .
the pumpkins made from felted sweaters,
brightly colored leaves and dried corn,
cotton to represent our harvest. . . . 
I couldn't totally give up tradition, could I?

I suppose I will always be of two minds when it comes to decorating style. . . .
Plain & Simple Farmhouse. . . . .and Primitive Country. . . . .

I realize the two can--and do--compliment each other.
In fact, I'm keeping a lot of primitive pieces in the kitchen--
behind cabinet doors until I need them. . . .
But, our collection is fairly large--there's not enough room for everything. . . .

 

 "I need an old fashioned butler's pantry--
like the ones I see on old movies," I said to myself. . .
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..................


"Well, you do have one!"
I told myself, as the "light bulb" went on. . . .
We call it a breezeway--a closed porch with lots of windows
and doors between the house and garage. . . .off the keeping room!!!!


Perfect for ALL the extras in the house. . . .
But, especially for those primitive household and kitchen pieces I'll use throughout the winter. . . .
I gathered them all together and off to the "butler's pantry" I went.







Then I pulled out all the traditional Fall decorations I'm so fond of. . . .
and laid out a Fall table vignette. . . .



 




















I'm loving my new "butler's pantry". . . .
Everything is close at hand, with clutter at a minimum in the house.
I also have a visual of what's available without rummaging through a box. 


It is confusing John a little, though. . . .
"Where's the big wooden bowl?" he asked at lunch time. . . . .
"In the butler's pantry,"  I answered. . . .
"Huh????. . . ."
I forgot to tell him we have one now. . . .

from my farmhouse to yours. . . .
The Farmer's Daughter


21 comments:

Old Time Cindy said...

It's nice that you have the space to do that. Some think that I have a primitive side, too.

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Ok, first off I thought I was alone in LOVING primtive things. And a butler's pantry. Oh, be still my heart. We do have plans in progress to close in a porch and make one, so until mine is done, I will drool over yours. Love everything in here!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I actually love too many styles. I have 13 doors in my house. Every room has a door or two so I decorate each room a little different and in different colors. Like English Country, Primitive Country, Cottage, Vintage, Cabin, etc. Then I don't have to miss trying a new style. It's technically not following the flow room to room rules but life is too short to worry about all the rules. I just use and buy what I like.

Heide at ApronHistory said...

What a brillant idea! Love your new butler's pantry!

Barbara F. said...

"Butler's Pantry" - just makes me happy! Wish I had one. :) I have a skinny narrow little closet. :/ Love all your fall decor. xo

Little Susie Home Maker said...

Dru, that is so neat! I love the way you are using this space as a Butler's Pantry! My mom and dads old house was built in the late 1800's, and it has a Butler's Pantry! I always thought that was so cool! Yours is going to be so much fun! I adore your photography!
Blessings,
Susie

Junkchiccottage said...

That is a super sweet spot you have there for a Butlers pantry. It really looks great.
Kris

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

How neat is that...making a butler pantry out of your porch. I love all your fall decorations and colors. I seen many sweater pumpkins but not the felted ones.

Olive said...

Too funny...it's beautiful. I love primitive style and fall is perfect with it. If only one had a staff AND a butler's pantry. Visiting from Brenda's. Olive

The Boston Lady said...

I love that you now have a "butler's pantry"! How clever and all your primitive pumpkins are lovely. The woolen ones are so pretty. Ann

Unknown said...

What a fabulous idea! I love how you decorated the table. Everything looks wonderful.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Oh, I really like the addition of cotton. So pretty!

cynthia lee designs said...

Lovin' your butler's pantry!! I have a pantry cabinet in my kitchen, but I sure would love to have a butler's pantry instead.
Love the Fall gathering that you did...so pretty!!
~Cindy

Tanya Breese said...

haha that's cute! i want a butler's pantry now! love how you've incorporated the cotton into your decorating, looks great!

mah said...

Butlers Pantry!! Girl you amaze me. Of course the thought of a Butlers Pantry takes me back in time. I have many rooms but not a Butlers Pantry and I sure don't have all the wonderful "stuff" that you have.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love your butler's pantry and those sweater pumpkins are the best! Love the soft colors! Great way to decorate! Hugs, LInda

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Great use of space - love the words butlers pantry. I am just learning about felted wool. My sister is a quilter and she is making footstools out of felted wool, she shops the thrifts and makes sure everyone in the family is on the lookout for wool sweaters in the colors she is working with.
Joy

Amy Kinser said...

Your last comment totally cracked me up and made me laugh.

I love that you made a butler's pantry. I love the sweater pumpkins. I love your farmhouse!

GypsyDi said...

I love those felted pumpkins too! Gotta figure out how to make those! Thanks for the post and the inspiration!
Diane
http://allthoseartsygirls.blogspot.com/2012/10/steampunk-christmas-tree-ornament.html

Unknown said...

Everything is so beautiful! I love the pumpkins. I'm pretty fond of the cotton, too! My grandparents were farmers, and it brings back great memories. I so enjoyed your post. Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. So thrilled to have you!! Have a great week.

Unknown said...

I just found your blog on life on lakeshore drive's blog....Oh my gosh. I love everything about it! My husband & I built a victorian farmhouse style home 5 years ago...love your style. I'm your newest follower.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...