Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Not So Spooky Front Porch

"May the only spirit you chance to meet,
Be the spirit of love and warm friends sweet. . . ."


Sunshine has decided that Fall is here--time to put on her Good Witch hat and move to the front porch--where she can ward off spooks and goblins and vampires--especially vampires. . . .

See. . . .she has the garlic ready. . . .

Her Blackbirds are trained to warn her of impending danger. . . .


  and of one mischievous feline named Mr. Smokey.


Harvest is a busy time of the year for Sunshine. . . .


. . . . a little leaf raking and garden work during the day. . . .


as she gathers the pumpkins and gourds she's been tending
all summer long. . . .
and puts fresh hay in the condo for her feathered friends. . . .


 Best of all, she's cooking up candied apples and goodies for all those
 good ghosts and goblins--
come Halloween night. . . .

and brewing magic potions of "toe of frogs" and "eye of newt" to
 Scare away the "Bad". . . .


But, today it appears she's having to stand guard. . . .


"I wouldn't try that if I were you, Mr. Smokey. . . ."



"Oh, yeah?"
(Just look at the cattitude!!!!)



Poor Sunshine. . . .She has her work cut out for her with that one. . . .

"This is the time for goblins and bats,
Halloween spirits, ghosts and cats,
Weird happenings and witches brew,
A Happy Halloween I wish for you."


The Farmer's Daughter


************
To craft a Sunshine of your own, see:
 For Her Crow Inspirations, see:
To build a Bird Condo, see:

*******************
Sharing this post with: * Shine On Fridays * Vintage Inspiration Friday* Simple & Sweet FridayShare Your Cup Thursday
 

22 comments:

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh how beautiful! I love every single piece of your decor. I know it is just a beautiful fall there on the farm.

Old Time Cindy said...

Nice display, but Mr. Smokey really caught my attention! I'm a cat lover...how many do you have? I must admit that a lot of my decor or lack of is centered around what the cats will do to it when I turn my back.

Junkchiccottage said...

Love your vignette. Really cute. I love that old birdhouse in the background. Adorable.
Kris

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh...I just love this post! I am a cat lover in a big way. Your beautiful kitty is just bursting with "cattitude!"
I hope you are having a great day,
Blessings,
Carolynn
Thanks for your comments on my blog. Slipcovering my office chair was so much fun and very easy. I chose to make two covers...One for the back and one for the skirt. So much easier than trying to attach them. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Dru, you have such a gift. What an amazing porch display.

blessings, jill

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi to You. Great post. Mr. Smokey and Sunshine. What a great combination. I bet your porch looks very happy..Happy Wednesday..Judy

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

The fall and Halloween decorating continues at the Country Farmhouse. Another great vignette, Dru.

Barbara F. said...

Love this vignette, your scarecrows are fabulous, wish you sold them :) xo

The Cranky said...

What a fun Halloween display; I'm currently working on mine and...keeping fingers crossed....will have it done in another week or so!

cynthia lee designs said...

Love how you decorated your front porch for Fall...Miss Sunshine is very cute and Mr. Smokey is so very adorable!!
~Cindy

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

What a fun fall porch. I love Mr. Smokey and Sunshine!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

What fun pictures, and I love Mr. Smokey!

Buttons Thoughts said...

Love Mr. Smokey the cute little thing. I love your porch would you like to come and decorate mine? You did a wonderful job. B

carol l mckenna said...

Mr Smokey ~ steals the show with me ~ although your porch decor is marvelous along with your excellent photography ~ (A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Your porch is so festive! Mr. Smokey certainly is curious but then again he may just have his sights on capturing one of the crows.

Debra

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

I am visiting from Rooted in Thyme. Your vignette is so cute, and I love that big birdhouse! Hugs, Penny

Lmkazmierczak said...

Lovely post brimming with ideas! Happy 10-11-12♫♪

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Dru, I don't know which is cuter; Sunshine or Smokey. Love your welocoming porch! The bird condo is fab and I love all of the special little touches. Especially the garlic. Yes, we must ward off those blood sucking Vampires! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
Hugs,
Jann

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

Lovely festive decorations - beautiful photos, too!

Jori said...

LOVE your front porch! Cute kitty too!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Coming to you from Vintage Inspiration... Your fall vignette looks elegant, and that is quite a feat, making a scarecrow look elegant! :) He is really cute, and I love the vintage bird house, too!

Nancy said...

Love your decorations and your descriptions. So creative!

Thanks so much for sharing at Rural Thursdays.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...