Friday, July 13, 2012

Re-Purposed Shabby Doors and Windows


We took a day off yesterday and headed for our favorite junking places in Missouri. (see: Junking In The Bootheel of Missouri) I was amazed at the clever uses of old, shabby doors and windows at several malls we visited. Just look at these wonderful cabinets I found at The Country Bumpkin in Popular Bluff, Mo. 
They are all for sale and would make a wonderful addition to any home--
whether shabby, rustic, or country. . .

This one's probably my favorite. . . .notice the mail slot. . . .

At first glance, I didn't realize the doors for this small cabinet were re-purposed--
as well as the hardware. . . .

 Putting good use to an oblong window frame and chicken wire. . . .

I almost passed this one up before I realized it's front was a door. . .
notice the drawers. . . .
and, I like that they left the doorknob and plate. . . .

This old door became a canvas. . . . lots of talent here. . . .

A glass knob is left on this one. . . .

Can't you imagine this cute cabinet in a farm house kitchen?
 Or, in a bathroom?
Or, in a garden shed?

On our way home, I spotted the glass house made from old windows. . .
I've seen these on the net but never up close. . . .
I can think of a lot of possibilities here. . . .

One more door to show you. . . .
An Uncle Sam? was hung with a wire on a door
and propped against the wall. . . .hmmm. . . .
so simple. . . .hmmmm. . . .
He could be changed out with each season or holiday
and propped in the corner of a room or porch. . . .hmmmmm. . . . .

All day long, I was inspired and amazed at the re-purposing skills of our neighbors to the north. Just wish I had room for one or two of their goodies. . . .
couldn't talk John into it. . . .

20 comments:

Tanya Breese said...

i love all of these! i always see so many great repurposing ideas on pinterest...that's why i have a couple of pallets sitting in my garage waiting for a new life, once i decide what i want to do with them! i also found an old window frame the other day while out on a walk...i brought it home, will need to clean it up then i think i'll hang some small b&w's of the kids in the "window panes"!

Patricia @ 9th and Denver said...

Love these doors... such talent.
I'm really liking the painted door with the rooster!

extra special. :D
Pat

simplicityinthemaking said...

Humm! I have a lot of old doors, windows and shutters in the grainery. ideas, ideas. I love the door with drawers. This is all so neat.

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I am always amazed at the talent out there and great use of repurposing something..my favorite photo is the door with the 3 drawers..that is genius..thanks for sharing these wonderful photos and ideas..have a great weekend..and I wish I had more wall space (bigger house) to get all of these wonderful things.;)my hubby must be related to yours..hes a party pooper too.:)

Sam I Am...... said...

Great ideas, thanks for sharing them. I too loved the mail slot!

The Boston Lady said...

I love this kind of re-purposing and am in love with the little glass house made from windows - an ambition of mine! Thanks for sharing all those wonderful pictures. Ann

Angie said...

Old doors, windows and shutters are definite favorites of mine! I have sold quite a few in my etsy shop! The more rustic the better! Angie

ANNE said...

Gorgeous! Love all of 'em. Visiting from Cowgirl up.

Have a great week xox

Unknown said...

Sooooo much to love!!! Looks like a great day!

andrea@townandprairie said...

The door with drawers is too cute! I love when old things are repurposed!

ANNE said...

fabulous pieces - love em all!!!

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

So much creativity out there!
I love them all and especially the little pie safe!! Darling!!!
Cheers,
Lynn

Ann said...

That looks like repurposing heaven. Some wonderful pieces to inspire!

allisamazing said...

Every single one is amazing and so creative!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

What fun ideas ~ very cool! We are just adoring the one that was made from an old door...oh so creative :)

Athena at Minervas Garden said...

I love everything that you shared with us, and have to concur with several others--the rooster door is particularly enchanting!

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Thanks so much for sharing this great repurposed post on Simple & Sweet Fridays. I love all the doors and windows.

Jody

Debra said...

Amazing stuff. Reminds me that my brother-in-law made a bench for my sister from an old door. They'd seen something like that at a craft show and then he copied the idea : )

Debra@CommonGround said...

Love all these cabinets, we've never been junkin' in the SE part of MO, sounds like you have some great ones. thanks for joining in for Vintage Inspiration!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Awesome repurpose! Thank you for linking up at Feathered Nest Friday! Hope to see you again this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...