Thursday, April 8, 2021

Spring Chickens And Daffodils II

Have you ever seen white daffodils? For over 17 years, these beauties have bloomed as a sign that winter is finally over and it is time to get out of the house for the pleasant weather and sunshine days. . .

I have numerous daffodils planted all over the farmstead, but these are my favorites because until this year the "cup" was yellow and the petals white. . .What a surprise when March came and they were ALL white! . . .Of course, they fit in well with the farmhouse decor. . .but what happened to the yellow? . .Does anyone know? . .Something missing in the soil, maybe? . .I need some info! 

 Actually, I do like them a lot. . .It's a change. . .

These were saved from the unusual freeze we had a couple of weeks ago. . .I wasn't home at the time but John knew how much I loved them, so he cut a canning jar full. . .I was certainly thrilled to see them. . .

You are probably wondering what all this has to do with chickens? . .Well. . .I posted a story several years ago that is as true today as then. . .About spring bringing not only daffodils but boxes of tiny chicks to my Grandmother's door. . .I knew when those little fluff balls arrived and the daffodils were blooming outside that spring had arrived. . .

SPRING CHICKENS AND DAFFODILS

I think of it every year. . .and hope you'll enjoy the story again. . .

1 comment:

The Farmers Daughter said...

I plan to plant more this fall. They were so pretty.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...