Saturday, August 22, 2020

Extra! Extra! Read All About It!

Yes. . .The title is a little bit corn-y. . .but here's another. . ."You could have knocked me over with a feather" when I saw a full page photo in the FALL ISSUE OF COUNTRY RURUSTIC MAGAZINE of my wreath making at the Felix Valle House historic State Park in Ste. Genevieve, MO. . .

In the article, I not only shared DIY instructions for making your own herbal wreath, I also share a little history about the French "jardin potager" or kitchen garden. . .which is a mix of vegetables and flowers often planted in geometric shapes. . .I can remember seeing these types of gardens when, as a child, my family visited Canada one summer. . .Coming from the Delta with Scot-Irish and English background, their gardens were fascinating. . .But. . .more about that later. . .I hope to elaborated on that subject on my STE. GENEVIEVE JOURNAL blog soon. . .and maybe share the planting of my own Jardin Potager. . . 


Another subject I touched upon was the language of herbs. . .and chose the cuttings for the wreath according to the messages I wanted to fill my kitchen with for the fall and winter. . .We didn't have room to publish the chart I made. . .All the better for you. . .because. . .now I can share it with you here!

You'll find there are various charts with different meanings for each herb, but I tried to pick the most common ones.

I had loads of fun that memorable day spent dressed in 18th century and making wreaths, just as others have done for thousands of years. . .Hope you enjoy it, too, with your copy of COUNTRY RUSTIC. . .(Links below)

Also see:

MAKING KITCHEN HERBAL WREATHS AT THE FELIX VALLE STATE PARK

PLANT NOW FOR FALL HERBAL KITCHEN WREATHS 

COUNTRY RUSTIC MAGAZINE 

STE. GENEVIEVE JOURNAL

1 comment:

Dixie said...

Just the phrase "jardin potager" makes you want to have your own garden.. I have a plan in a small side yard for gardening in raised beds... now you’ve inspired me to have my own "jardin potager" !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...