Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Antique Dough Box of Greens


When I say a "Dough Box" I mean one big one. . .I have wanted a large bread dough box for years. . .On an impromptu day out recently, there it was. . .Right before my eyes. . .


The only place I've seen one so large has been in living history museums. . .The next question was, "Could I afford it?" . .I held my breathe and grabbed the price tag. . .YES!!! . . .Now. . .I don't know who it belonged to but it was obvious they didn't put as much value in it as I did. . .What an opportunity for me. . .


I brought it home, filled it with cypress limbs, cut here on the farm. . .added Wooden Bowls and Gingerbread people. . .Berries. . .and Twigs. . .a couple of Wax Lambs. . .and that famous Pitcher I use each Christmas in one way or the other. . .


It's Fun. . .Natural. . .Make-do. . .Farmhouse Christmas Style. . .
and. . .There's more to come. . .


4 comments:

The Farmers Daughter said...

I called this a bowl in an earlier post! My mind must have been on mistletoe and Santa. Sorry folks!

Alice D. said...

That's okay! We are all a little rattled this time of year. . .Love your style. Read your article in Country Rustic and really enjoyed it.

Sam I Am...... said...

I would not have known what that was...it is beautiful though and especially the way you have decorated with it. How was it used? It seems so big for dough. I'll keep my eyes for them!

Henny Penny said...

It's beautiful! But your touch is what makes it really beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...