Friday, April 19, 2019

Is It Easter Already?


My goodness. . .How did Easter slip up on me so quickly this year. . .It seems only last week I was scraping ice off my windshield. . .Yet. . .I am so thankful that's all over with for another year. . .and I am so glad Spring is officially here. . .The trees are leafing out. . .flowers are blooming. . .the garden is planted. . .my Spring cleaning is almost done. . .and I can wear white again. . .Remember that old rule about not wearing white shoes or hat before Easter?

I can't help but think of those Easters years ago, when I finally was allowed to wear new white sandles, a new pastel dress with a white hat trimmed in flowers and white gloves for the first time. . .Such a special day. . .My family always went to our own church at Easter but then it was a quick trip to my Grandmother Duncan's house for lunch and an egg hunt. . .Of course, we had to wear our fine clothes all day because there would be numerous photos snapped. . .
Happy Times. . .
Happy Easters. . .

Have a Wonderful One! 


2 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

Wonderful memories ! I too had the same upbringing ! My shoes were lime green maryjanes with a cutout pattern on the top ! White gloves ! Easter hat ! The whole ansomble! Ha! Church was always on the list ! Followed by Easter Brunch and the famous egg hunt ! One year my best friend Camille, who lived directly across the street, were surprised by our parents with real bunnies ! Oh ! The memories , Happy Easter!

Becky said...

Great memories! Happy Easter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...