Thursday, October 8, 2015

Thriftin' for the Farmhouse Bedroom





I have had a wonderful time JUNKIN' and THRIFTIN'  lately. . .finding VINTAGE CLOTHING and QUILTS for a song. . .If you've followed THE COUNTRY FARM HOME at all, you probably know by now that these are two items I never pass by. . .if the price is right. . .(grin). . .FARMHOUSE and PLAIN & SIMPLE décor doesn't seem complete without the two. . .not for me anyway. . .So I'm here today to  encourage you once again to add a few pieces of vintage clothing to your home. . .They add such a SOFTNESS to a room. . .They also add a PERSONAL TOUCH. . .For anyone who loves a farmhouse, seeing a 1930s everyday cotton wash dress hanging on the bedroom wall brings on a SMILE. . .Possibly back to childhood memories of someone who might have worn such a dress.


Vintage clothing is a TRIP BACK IN TIME. . .reminding us to slow down and to remember a life that was much less stressful. . .and fairly SIMPLE. . .often hard work. . .but so fulfilling. . .
Too nostalgic for you? . .Sorry. . .I get carried away. . .Let's move to the present. . .Have you noticed how fashion is incorporating and/or copying vintage clothing these days? . . .No? . .Then you should check out MAGNOLIA PEARL . .or the PBS program IT'S SO EASY. . .It's become pretty popular with the younger folks--and some older folks, too. . .They are grabbing up anything from the 1930s-1970s. . .Remember the polyester double knits? . .Yes, even those are becoming more and more popular. . .Who would have thought?
I find that 20th CENTURY ICONIC CLOTHING is still priced relatively low. . .but I doubt it will be for long, if the new trend continues. . .One of my favorite places to shop is Goodwill (of course) . .or other thrift stores. . .It's amazing what I find for just a few dollars. . .







  
Can't find true vintage? . .Then try pieces that appear to be. . .The shabby dress above isn't that old. . .but blends well with the other pieces, doesn't it?    

.
There was no plan in the way I've displayed these THRIFTY FINDS. . .They are haphazard and a little disheveled. . .as if someone will be dressing in them soon. . .which might be true. . .I rarely buy a piece that I can't wear. . .Often John and I DRESS UP AND PLAY  here at the historic district. . .but even if we didn't, I'd still be looking for VINTAGE PIECES. . .You know how I am. . .A DAY WITHOUT VINTAGE IS NO FUN AT ALL. . .(big smile and wink)




7 comments:

Unknown said...

I love them all, but the strapless cream dress is stunning. Come by and see the vintage shirt in my post today. www.creativecountrymom.com

Henny Penny said...

All the dresses are beautiful! I agree, vintage clothing just adds something special to a room. I love Magnolia Pearl and would love to be able to afford to buy one of her outfits.

Parlor Room Ponderings said...

Love the variety of the dresses. I like to collect children's white nighties, christening gowns, or prairie dresses. That will be a post that I share later. I want to make lacey hangers for them first. Great post!

John Adam said...

Thanks a lot for your great effort..

Flyttstädning Stockholm

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Love them! I have been "displaying" my newest sewing project by hanging them on vintage hangers very much like you have done. Maybe I need to add a few vintage pieces?!

Anonymous said...

And don't forget those aprons!! True workhorses. Great post Dru, many thanks.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

These are all so pretty- I love vintage clothes and would love to find a few that I could wear. I think the pink one is gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...