Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Good Morning Sunshine

It's COOL. . .It's SUNNY. . .It's QUIET. . .except for the cicadas singing. . .I see Little Bit (the barn cat) stretching after a long night's rest. . .Everything looks FRESH and NEW but still a little sleepy. . .and I'm enjoying it all with my first cup of coffee on the much less cluttered BREEZEWAY PORCH. . .A wonderful place to wake up. . .and plan for the coming day. . .
I will admit that for most of the year this same porch was filled with boxes of cast-offs among boxes to open and go through. . .It was an absolute mess. . .and embarrassing when folks stopped by. . .I ignored it each morning as I headed out with coffee in hand to the outside porch and my favorite rocker. . .Then the storm hit. . .We lost the front porch. . .mosquitoes were bad. . .I decided to move inside and enjoy the screen doors. . .to the BREEZEWAY PORCH. . .Of course I had to do something with all those boxes and make it more peaceful without the chaos. . .I rolled up my sleeves and set my mind to the task at hand. . .After all, this is August and I haven't used the breezeway except as a 'warehouse'. . .It took me days to get all boxes where they needed to go and the furniture moved back in. . .Then came the cleaning and dusting. . .the addition of plants. . .and making all COMFY. . .This is a place to ENJOY--not picture perfect magazine style. . .although. . .I do think even in it's simplicity, it's very CALM and INVITING. 

















Another LIFE LESSON remembered. . .how the loss of one thing is only the OPPORTUNITY to begin another. . .We'll get our front porch back by FALL (I hope). . .where I can sit and look out over the FARMSTEAD. . .but for now. . .I'm sitting in the comfort of a LOVELY room. . .with the breeze calmly blowing through the screen doors. . .just sipping my coffee. . .and thinking how BLESSED we are. . .As I often say at the DUNCAN FARMSTEAD:
"LIFE IS GOOD" 
 
 Yes. . .IT IS. . .ISN'T IT?
 
 


12 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful images! Have a happy day! Maggie/Maggie's Lil' Fixins

Debby Ray said...

What a lovely place to have your morning coffee. Love all of the red and white!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Great space! Love the framed vintage ad!!!

Tuba Fıdıllıoğlu said...

I adore your home. Hugs from Turkey. :)

Sam I Am...... said...

Always love your decorating. Did you really lose your porch to the storm as in destroyed or just not accessible because of the heat and mosquitoes? I hope it's okay. It's been a busy summer here and I haven't been a good blogger or a good blog visitor but hopefully with Fall on the horizon and the visitors all gone home that will change. You're always inspiring as I start my Fall cleaning and decorating.
Love the "Cotton Club" crate!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

It does indeed look like a cozy place to sit! Lovely!

Pamela Gordon said...

Your breezeway sitting area is so pretty. I love it! And yes, I think it looks like a magazine photo shoot. You can't go wrong with country, vintage and red & white decor! I'm glad that you're getting your front porch repaired. I can't imagine the heat you've had there when we've been sweltering at 90+ degrees here the past 2 weeks. Summer has gone all to fast but we've had a wonderful August weather-wise. Take Care!! Pam

cynthia lee designs said...

Love, love, love your sitting area!! I so hope that you get your porch back by Fall...I'm sure you are missing it.
hugs,
~Cindy

Pam said...

What a lovely post! Such a pretty area to sit surrounded by pretty things!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Pam said...

What a lovely post! Such a pretty area to sit surrounded by pretty things!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

Vicki Jo said...

So beautiful! LOVE the touches of red!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Positive attitude, that's the key Dru and you've got it. Drooling over that red floor! Red with the white, just gorgeous! And of course I love your vintage treasures.
hugs,
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...