Friday, July 10, 2015

holy COW!!!!


The COWS have left the barn. . .and found a cooler spot in the LIVING ROOM. . .Yes. . .I've been at it again--working on the living room decor--snatching a few minutes here and there in between these very busy SUMMER  days. . .
We were 'COUNTRY COME TO TOWN' for a few days recently. . .leaving the farm to visit our state capital of Little Rock. . .I was shopping for a new Town and Country van (which I found) but could NOT pass up an opportunity to do some junkin', too. . .It was at BLUE SUEDE SHOES ANTIQUE MALL that I spotted the COWS and had to have them for the living room. . .for a POP OF COLOR. . . I also loved their sweet faces. . .
My decorating style is always based on the history of our farm. . .Until now COTTON has been the focus. . .so I was just a tad hesitant to add cows to the room. . .but I had to have those adorable faces looking at me. . .They make me smile. . .It wasn't until we'd been home for a week or so that I discovered that in the early days (1930s) of my Granddaddy's ownership of this farm that he had lots of CATTLE. . .along with the cotton and other crops. . .Coincidence? . . .(GRIN). . .
Whatever it was, the THREE COWS are bringing the living room together. . .almost as if the room woke up and went beyond 'okay'. . .What I enjoy about my decorating style is that it evolves. . .I can write down all kinds of plans and color palettes but then I'll find something that looks so much better. . .to me anyway. . .I'm always open to a CHANGE. . .
Yet, I haven't gone too far off THE PLAN (CLICK HERE). . .The BLACK PAINTED FLOORS. . .the shades of GRAY and DENIM BLUES. . .the dominance of SOFT WHITE throws on the couches (I have two). . .the galvanized 'FARM THINGS'. . .RUSTIC SYMPLICITY is working out beyond my expectations. . .I'm only giving you a few snippets. . .a tease. . .I admit. . .but I don't think you'll be disappointed when I get to the GREAT REVEAL. . .later. . .
So here are the 'TEASE' photos. . .See what you think. . .

























9 comments:

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Love it! Love your cows, they do have sweet faces! Love you floors! and love that chair! I am on the chair hunt this summer, need to add a few more around the dinning table. Can't wait to see the revel!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Dru, I think the cows have come home! They are just perfect. What's not to love about those sweet faces? Can't wait to see it all!
hugs
Jann

KayC. said...

I love the cow paintings!!! Enough said!!!

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I love the cows- they have the sweetest faces. That's a cute rail fence, too. Where is the Blue Suede Shoes antique mall?

cynthia lee designs said...

Love your cow print...I have a small cow print with sweet cows on it too.
~Cindy

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

Very cute...I love the cow prints

Anonymous said...

Love the cow pictures! Love your cupboard as well.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Love it! The cow on the wall is just great...would like to have one myself!
Have a great week, take care!
Titti

Florida Farm Girl said...

I like 'em!!! Most of all, I like your fearlessness in combining what you like and somehow they just work.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...