Thursday, November 20, 2014

SOS: Can Anyone Help Me?

 
I'm pulling my hair out with EMAIL ISSUES---and I need all the hair I can keep. (LOL)
For the past SEVERAL months, I have had the problem of returned emails,
especially when I try to REPLY to your Comments.
I reply. . .Many come back to me UNDELIVERED.
Same with some of the comments I make on YOUR BLOGS.
 
It's frustrating because as we all know, if ya don't SOCIALIZE your followers may think you don't care. . .and the thing is I DO CARE about ALL of you. . .I'm able to read your comments on my blog--and I do read every one of them. . .BUT. . .my replies are often returned.
 
I have researched and tried all I can find to do online. . .
Might help for a week or so but doesn't stick.
I'm not a tech-y kind of person but I do understand the basics.
It's interesting that many returns are from Yahoo--which is my own email host.
You would think they could get it right.
I've read all of their Trouble Shooting help and tried to contact them.
Nothing has worked so far.
 
IDEAS ANYONE?
I would appreciate any insights you might have.
 
In the meantime if you don't hear from me,
please know that my emails to you may be in the DEAD LETTER box
somewhere out in cyber space. (grin--frown)
 
The 'safest' is to COMMENT BELOW,
since I read your comments on the post itself.
 
or
TRY EMAILING ME with any help:
 
Thanks so much ahead of time!
You're the GREATEST
 
 
 

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if my advice will help, but when I have trouble with E-mail I go to my ISP (internet service provider) In my case it's Bresnan. Then go to my inbox. Every e mail sent or received goes thru the company that provides you with internet. Other domains such as yahoo, Hotmail and Outlook, to mention a few, are hosts. I would try that first. Also, I remember when I downloaded Incredimail once, I had problems with outgoing mail. I had to contact my ISP and get their info to enter into the set up in order to be able to send mail. There is a POP something or another and another code they will provide you with. But if it were me, I would just use your ISP's E-mail service. I' not techy either, and I know how frustrating it can be. Hope this helps. . (ps I have a few blog posts you may have missed) warm hugs. . . d

Patricia @ CorninmyCoffee-pot said...

Well...
I think it might be in the water!
I'm having some comment/reply issues too.
I switched to 3rd party comments on blogger. I'm NOT RECOMMENDING IT. As I'm experiencing a few KINKS. But so far as I'm learning... I do think I like it!

I did get my email from you the other day... but earlier in the year, I switched my blogger email to GMAIL. That has helped the most for me.
Some of the blogs that I am subscribed to, still go into the old yahoo folder (and I did have a problem with receiving them for a while) but I get them now. I am thinking of unsubscribing and RESUBSCRIBING with my GMAIL acct.
Right now... it's working fine. But it scares me to dink around with it...cause it might mess it up!

So many little ins and outs.
Hope you're able to get it worked out.
Your readers may need to have you white listed... making sure YOUR EMAIL is accepted and not passed over as spam. Just have them check it!

Hope that helps. That's all I got!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

I just switched my email address that I receive comments to a gmail address (instead of a yahoo address). I have been having an issue with not receiving an email when someone left a comment. Hoping this will help, we will see.
It sounds like other people's email service is not accepting your address. I am not too much of a technical person either.....

Debby Ray said...

I also have had a few people that when I commented on their blog, I received an email with the UNDELIVERABLE status too. At first I thought that they may not have even seen the comment but then I will get a response email back...I don't understand. Heidi, this was happening with you. I got your response to the comment I put on your blog but my email told me it hadn't delivered the message so I just assume you read it on your blog instead of getting an email notification. I know this is happening but I sure don't know why...sorry!!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

If the bloggers you are replying to are
"noreply" bloggers (they can change their status by following any of the tutorials on Google) your reply will not be delivered. Also, make sure you are "signed in" to your blog and not just clicking on blogs on your sidebar. Those are 2 simple fixes that may help you out. The others seem to know a lot more about this techie stuff, so maybe one of them has already solved your dilemma....I hope! Good luck!

Instagram.com/melissasnotes said...

Sorry, I can't help you, but I love your new "header".

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem...I believe it has to do with Google Plus accounts. I do not have one, but many do and that account is hooked to their blogger account. If they do, I can not comment as me...only anonymous if allowed. Also, if you change to your gmail account, make sure comments are being sent there. You must change it in settings. I had a few bloggers who switched their blog to their gmail...in account settings, but on their blog settings comments still where set at their yahoo account. Hope that helps.
blessings, jill

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Dru, I am sorry; but I am no help. I only have that happen once in a blue moon. Certainly is frustrating!
hugs
Jann

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...