Sunday, October 7, 2012

Farmhouse Finds. . . .


Like the old saying goes--
"When you're hot, you're hot. . . .
When you're not, you're not."

Well. . . .I was "hot" this weekend. . . .not Temperature-wise. . . .Junkin'-wise. . . .
I was on a roll. . . .Ever have junkin' trips like that?. . . I'm sure you have. . . .
It seemed every place we went, I found items that were perfect for my new Plain & Simple Farmhouse Style. It was amazing. . . .
John didn't pay too much attention to it the first two places we went, even though I told him I felt like we needed to stop and shop because I was sure there was something inside that I needed. . . . Sure enough. . . .I'd find treasures each time. . . .By the third stop, he was a believer. . . .

I don't know what was going on. . . .but, I sure had fun. . . .Just look at all this loot. . . .


To tell the truth, this isn't ALL of it. . . .I found some vintage clothes and shoes, too, and a few other items. . . .But, most things I bought were for the farmhouse kitchen and keeping room. . . .Won't it be fun to add these to the room once the floor is done?


Lots of enamelware. . . . some are almost like new. . . .except maybe the chippy coffeepot that I fell in love with. . . . One of the chips looks like a heart. . . .and the chippy dish pan is pretty beat up but perfect for my plans. . . .Love the old pottery mixing bowl. . . .Notice I added to our vintage galvanized bucket collection. . . .One was painted red, with the words "Fire Bucket" printed on the inside. . . .


The vintage photo is precious. . . .That's a lock of the boy's hair on the cap. . . .Needs some TLC, but I couldn't pass it up for only $1. . . .I can't help but wonder who he was. . . .One thing I'm sure of, his Mom was very proud of him. . . .Rightly so--he's a sweetie. . . .


Look at the cute 1930s-40s doll dress made with love from feed sack fabric hanging behind the vintage photo. . . .and, cloth-like roses found at a thrift store. . . .


And, white chicks. . . .lots of them. . . . I was thrilled with the vintage white plates, pottery, and stoneware I found. . . . .Notice the two glass drawer handles--$2. . . .And, I added to my blue and white transferware--just saucers but at 20 cents each, I can use them. . . .


See the red bucket? I just love it!!!. . . . I found two boxes of sewing machine attachments for my treadles. . . . .I probably have enough for every machine I own, but I never turn them down when the price is right. . . .I may use these in a display for the historic district store. . . .


And, I absolutely had to have this unique milk can for the kitchen. . . .Have you ever seen one with a  faucet? . . . So innovative. . . .making do. . . .
Now you can see the buckets better. . . .The 7-Up bucket on the left is quite large. . . .We'll be using it for kindling at the fireplace. . . .
Won't everything look "fine" in the farmhouse once I do some cleaning and such?


It was a "HOT" shopping day in the Bootheel of Missouri--my favorite place for Junkin'. . . .but, the WEATHER was cool and crisp, just like a FALL day should be. . . . .Tomorrow John will be working on the floor, along with his other chores--and I will be in the kitchen, cooking all the veggies we purchased at a Farmer's Market. . . .It promises to be another good day. . . .Hope yours is, too. . . .

from my farmhouse to yours. . . .
The Farmer's Daughter


41 comments:

Unknown said...

What lovely, lovely items! You were truly on a roll! I love all of it! My fave is probably the milk can with the faucet. Looking forward to seeing how you use them!

Have a terrific week!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

I agree you made a haul. I always pick up galvanized items. I love blue and white transferware and the old mixing bow. For sure the enamelware too. Great stuff for your farmhouse.

Old Time Cindy said...

And I see jars, more jars! :) You've got some great pickins there!!!

Unknown said...

Oh wow!! That is quite a haul. Great stuff too.
Cheers, Gee

Junkchiccottage said...

Wow great treasures found. I love that red bucket too.
Kris

Laurel Leaf Cottage said...

Great Stuff!! I really love the doll dress and the enamel coffeepot!! Way to go!! =) Deanna

Debra@CommonGround said...

wow, you WERE Hot!! Love that red bucket and that wonderful white pottery bowl!!

Amy Kinser said...

Wow, girl, you found some great things. Would love to go shopping with you!!

cynthia lee designs said...

What a great day of Junkin' you had!! Love everything you found for your new Plain & Simple Farmhouse Style.
~Cindy

Heirloom treasures said...

You sound so happy and had so much fun. What a haul of loot you got. I love it all. Can't wait to see it displayed. x

Grandma Barb's This and That said...

Wow, you really made a haul! Great finds.

Anonymous said...

Looks fantastic Liz, I infact liked all three versions. Your family must love all these wonderful things you do to make the house so welcoming.

Teresa@1800 Farmhouse Rd said...

Oh wow, I am sitting here drooling over your finds. My favorites, of coarse, are the chicks, but it is all awesome. I would love to junk with you!

Chenille Cottage said...

Wowzers.....You hit the Mother Lode! What incredible vintage treasures...and just look at all those blue dishes! If I had to choose a favorite it would be the little blue dolly dress. Oh, how sweet!
I'm so glad you had such fun thrifting.
have a happy week, my friend,
Blessings,
Carolynn xoxo

Melanie said...

Love each of your finds, what an awesome day for you! Have never seen a milk can with a faucet, love it!!

Heide at ApronHistory said...

Fabulous!! Love the white dishes and the enamelware.

Little Susie Home Maker said...

You really made out! look at all that Farmhouse love!
Blessings,
Susie

Penny @ Penny's Vintage Home said...

All I can say is WOW!! My favorite? the chippy coffee pot! Hugs, Penny

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Alot of nice old stuff and a beautiful vignette of it as well! You had a great shopping trip !

Salmagundi said...

WOW! I've never had that good of day junking, and I've been doing it for years and years. Great stuff. Sally

Fishtail Cottage said...

loads of fantastic finds! popping over from Common Ground to say hello! i love those chicken compotes! xoox, tracie

poppilinnstudios said...

Wow, what wonderful finds! Love the milk can.
-Lynn

Nancy @ The Headmistress said...

Visiting from Potpourri Friday. What wonderful finds! You did very, very well!
Nancy

chateau chic said...

Oh my, what wonderful vintage very farmhousey (is that a word?) finds! You did good!
Mary Alice

Custom Comforts said...

What lovely finds. I bet you were ecstatic with all your lovely new finds and what fun you'll have finding a unique place to display each one.
Cindy

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

What great finds! I have 4 of the covered chicks and I use them for chicken salad, scrambled eggs and chicken soup! Enjoy your treasures!

......Michele @ Portlandia Vintage said...

I cannot believe how many fabulous pieces you found! Can I go with you next time?!

Denise @ secondtimearoundfinds said...

Wow you have a lot of great finds there. I always feel great when I find lots of great things like you did.
Denise

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

What treasures. Love the all! I can't believe what a great haul you made. Good for you. Can't wait to see them when they have all found their little spot. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
Hugs,
Jann

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

You DID get some great loot! I need to head over to Missouri!
♥Linsey

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

As a fellow junker, I am just drooling over your great finds! Saturday was a good day for me, too. But nothing like your vintage finds!

Unknown said...

Great finds....
It will be so much fun to add these new found items to your kitchen.
Thanks for sharing.
Michele

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

Wow, you did hit the jackpot! Lovin' that little blue dress and the photo. Ultra sweet! :)

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful finds on SImple & Sweet Fridays. Can't wait to see how you'll display them.

Jody

The Charm of Home said...

What a lot of fantastic loot! Thank you for joining me at HSH!
Sherry

Deb said...

I'm all over the blue and white dishes. And that enamel...oh my!

The Charm of Home said...

I am featuring you today at HSH! Your farmhouse ware loot blew me away! Great finds, all of them! You were also the most viewed link this week.
Sherry

Our Neck of the Woods said...

I am in love with all of your finds! This is exactly my style. Luckily my grandmother kept a lot of her old stuff and is now passing it down to me.

Visiting from the charm of home :)

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Great finds!! Definitely a bunch of treasures :) ~Pernilla

http://swedishcornerdownunder.blogspot.com.au

Sandy said...

You sure did hit the jackpot.. there are a few things I'd love to take off your hands..
Great thrifting!
Sandy

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Holy Haul, Batman! Wow! You found some really great things. I love the picture of the boy and of course all of the white! Thank you for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...