Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The 1930s Keeping Room


Our 1930s  Keeping Room. . .going, going, gone. . .

We've lived in this 1930s farm manager's home for seven years!
It sure doesn't seem like it.

It's already time to re-plaster and paint. 
There are cracks  and dings and just general use blemishes.

Since we teach classes in open hearth cooking in this room, 
we decided to "back-date" it. 
While most people up-date their homes,
we'll be returning our keeping room to the 19th century
with primitive furniture and accessories.

So take a quick look--
the next time you see this room,
it will look entirely different.

I'll keep you posted. . .



I've already unpacked my collection of redware.


The Scottish sideboard will go into storage for a while.
There's four primitive cabinets replacing it.


Fall 2011


3 comments:

Rosie said...

I like this one! I can't wait to see how you'll improve it. This will be interesting to watch.

marie said...

I agree with Rosie.

Barbwire Pretty said...

It looks great to me,I love the feel of it,like ( come on in and sit a spell}

Thanks from Bernice in ontario, Canada

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...